May 05, 2024, 06:06:20 AM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

A Link between Links

Started by TooB, October 27, 2013, 08:32:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Geno on November 17, 2013, 11:50:18 AM
Aren't Oracle of Ages and Seasons the same game with slight changes?

no, they're not like pokemon

they're two entirely different games that run on the same engine and use a similar sprite set and art style, but the overworld and dungeons and story and puzzles and all the other important characteristics of the game are all different

they're more comparable to ocarina of time vs. majora's mask than, say, pokemon x/y

Geno

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 17, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
they run on the same engine but they're in completely different worlds with completely different enemies and characters and stories and powerups and gameplay elements
Huh. Maybe I should get around to playing Oracle of Ages then. I only played Oracle of Seasons when it first came out and just assumed that Oracle of Ages was like the Pokemon Red version of the game.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Snowy

Quote from: #rektron on November 17, 2013, 11:44:34 AM
my (current) top five, in no particular order:

oracle of ages
oracle of seasons
a link to the past
majora's mask
wind waker

if forced to pick an absolute favorite of those five, i'd say maybe oracle of ages is #1, but i've always had an extremely difficult time picking a true favorite zelda game because there are so many contenders for the top spot
The Oracle games are amazing. wrench;

Kalahari Inkantation

they are indeed
capcom is a better zelda producer than nintendo is

Samus Aran

Quote from: #rektron on November 17, 2013, 11:53:14 AM
no, they're not like pokemon

they're two entirely different games that run on the same engine and use a similar sprite set and art style, but the overworld and dungeons and story and puzzles and all the other important characteristics of the game are all different

they're more comparable to ocarina of time vs. majora's mask than, say, pokemon x/y

in addition, though they complement each other through linking, it's not just to get "version exclusive" things, it's literally that you can't get the "true ending" to begin with without linking them together lol

you have to play both games to truly beat either of them

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, you're getting less than half the full experience by playing just one or the other (whereas if you play either of the games in a pokemon pairing you're probably getting like 90 percent of the 'full' experience)

TooB

Speaking of capcom, what about minish cap?
That one is great

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

it really is

a shame it's not longer

TooB

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: #rektron on November 17, 2013, 12:02:19 PM
they are indeed
capcom is a better zelda producer than nintendo is
stfu Zelda elitist
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on November 17, 2013, 04:35:40 PM
i guess it was a little short

what's amazing that it's really my only major complaint about the game

it's virtually flawless otherwise

TooB

Quote from: Kefka on November 17, 2013, 04:38:06 PM
stfu Zelda elitist
looking back, its not far from the truth.
Thoigh my fav of all time is link past
Followed after by ww

TooB

Quote from: #rektron on November 17, 2013, 04:39:02 PM
what's amazing that it's really my only major complaint about the game

it's virtually flawless otherwise
some complain about the kinstones
Do you?

Kalahari Inkantation

to this day i still slightly prefer 2d zeldas to 3d ones, mostly because of alttp and capcom's masterful reimagining of the series on gbc/gba

Go Up