Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on April 21, 2015, 12:31:00 AM
they happen basically every friday night just so u know
that explains why I've never been joining

almost every friday night, there's like 6 other people at my apartment playing smash sillydood;

Samus Aran

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on April 20, 2015, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on April 20, 2015, 07:59:51 PM
Also non-omega stages are so annoying holy hell
In both Brawl and Smash 4, I think a most of the regular stages are problematic, but not all of them.

Stage bosses are the worst: Wily's Castle, Gaur Plains (<=4P), Pyrosphere (<=4P)
Stage hazards are fairly bad: 75m, Wrecking Crew, Orbital Gate Assault, Gamer, Garden of Hope, Kalos League, Mushroom Kingdom U (Nabbit), Flat Zone, Norfair (<=4P)
Some stage hazards aren't as bad: Boxing Ring, Halberd, Mario Circuit (Brawl ver, <=4P), Port Town, Onett
I don't like stages that absorb my attacks: Luigi's Mansion (<=4P), Skyworld
Too big: Great Cave, Palutena's Temple
Scrolling stage: Pac-Land
Blocks launches: Mario Circuit (MK8 ver)
Segmented battle: Jungle Hijinx
Transforming stages sometimes drop you into near certain death: Castle Siege
Conveyor Belts: Pokémon Stadium 2

I don't mind tour levels, but some people do: Skyloft, Wuhu Island, Delfino
I also don't mind walk-off stages: Mario Galaxy, Bridge of Eldin, Yoshi's Island, Mario Circuit (Brawl ver, >4P), Coliseum, Wii Fit

The remaining stages I can't imagine any problems with are: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Final Destination, Town & City, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Pilot Wings, Windy Hill, Wooly World, Kongo Jungle 64, Lylat Cruise, Temple
Some of the problematic stages lose their only issues when played with more than 4 players: Pyrosphere, Luigi's Mansion, Gaur Plain, Norfair

12 out of the 40 selectable stages isn't too bad, but it could certainly be better.
Only 7 of them bug me enough to disable them in random stage selection: 75m, Wrecking Crew, Flat Zone, Wily Castle, Pac-Land, Skyworld, and Great Cave

I find omega stages a bit boring, but I agree with a lot of this. However I do like Jungle Hijinx, some minor stage hazards, launch blocking, and the conveyor belts don't bother me much.
I also think auto-scrolling stages could be good, but they scroll too fast in most cases, and Pac Land is just shit regardless. Not the biggest fan of walk-off stages but I don't mind having a few of those. Wooly World doesn't have any glaring flaws but it's still not too fun to play on.
Really the Wii U's stages are just mostly poop.

The stage creator would be nice if the drawing mechanics weren't so sensitive, had the ability to move/adjust your drawn pieces, and had a bigger variety of backgrounds. Really they should have made like 10 different backgrounds/styles, and the ability to use the background of any stage would have been nice.

Samus Aran

bluaki

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 21, 2015, 09:32:57 AM
I find omega stages a bit boring, but I agree with a lot of this. However I do like Jungle Hijinx, some minor stage hazards, launch blocking, and the conveyor belts don't bother me much.
I also think auto-scrolling stages could be good, but they scroll too fast in most cases, and Pac Land is just shit regardless. Not the biggest fan of walk-off stages but I don't mind having a few of those. Wooly World doesn't have any glaring flaws but it's still not too fun to play on.

The stage creator would be nice if the drawing mechanics weren't so sensitive, had the ability to move/adjust your drawn pieces, and had a bigger variety of backgrounds. Really they should have made like 10 different backgrounds/styles, and the ability to use the background of any stage would have been nice.
I think Jungle Hijinx can be a little bad in stock matches with 3+ players: one player can be stuck on a layer by themself for quite a while. It's at least definitely not one of the worst stages.
Pac-Land is the absolute worst offender ever in terms of scrolling stages. The camera frame is tiny, but the stage itself scrolls super fast. I don't really mind 3DS's Dream Land stage; it uses scrolling like transformation, by mostly staying still and then occasionally moving for a bit to shift to another section.
I never like stage hazards, but I don't really mind the ones I listed as not as bad.
If walk-off stages bother you, why do you think autoscroll could be good? Every autoscroll level has to be a walk-off level.
I guess you could describe Wooly World's problem as not having a large ground section (half the time) and instead only having a few small platforms. This same problem can describe Brawl's Hanenbow and also 3DS's Paper Mario (3rd form) and maybe 3DS's Mute City (SNES) and Melee's Big Blue. Gaur Plain might have a similar problem: there isn't any ground below most platforms.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on April 21, 2015, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 21, 2015, 09:32:57 AM

I think Jungle Hijinx can be a little bad in stock matches with 3+ players: one player can be stuck on a layer by themself for quite a while. It's at least definitely not one of the worst stages.
Pac-Land is the absolute worst offender ever in terms of scrolling stages. The camera frame is tiny, but the stage itself scrolls super fast. I don't really mind 3DS's Dream Land stage; it uses scrolling like transformation, by mostly staying still and then occasionally moving for a bit to shift to another section.
I never like stage hazards, but I don't really mind the ones I listed as not as bad.
If walk-off stages bother you, why do you think autoscroll could be good? Every autoscroll level has to be a walk-off level.
I guess you could describe Wooly World's problem as not having a large ground section (half the time) and instead only having a few small platforms. This same problem can describe Brawl's Hanenbow and also 3DS's Paper Mario (3rd form) and maybe 3DS's Mute City (SNES) and Melee's Big Blue. Gaur Plain might have a similar problem: there isn't any ground below most platforms.
i miss big blue

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Best stage is star fox one with the shield second woolu world third pac land

Worst stage: gaur plain. 75m. all the boss lvls. Also jingle hyjinx blows

Samus Aran

TooB

silvertone

TooB

strongbad

Yo MIB you should actually go to a IRL sm4sh tournament
It sounds like you're getting decent

I was at a large smash tourament yesterday and the sm4sh grand finals were actually real impressive. Still not melee but my respect for the game is def growing

strongbad

check out my homie Felix in winner's finals at northwest majors
http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming/b/653550265?t=50m16s

i think you can see me in the background at some point
he is p crazy though. used to be the best brawl player in the state and is now the 2nd best sm4sh player iirc.
and he's better than me in melee even though i play like 10x more than him ;________;

Go Up