Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

girl;

i most certainly would have lost miserably otherwise rofl

YPrrrr

YPrrrr

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

bluaki

6M69I69B9

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Hiro

bluaki

That's actually a pretty neat stage design. It looks so much better than almost all the other new stages in SSB4. Of course, due to at least the lava and random elements (maybe walk-off too?), it'll probably be banned pretty much everywhere.

The trailer shows that it randomly picks between Mario Maker's four game styles, but as far as I can tell the only terrain style is plains; no underground, dungeon, airship, or ghost house. I guess we don't know yet whether it's free or paid DLC?

Kalahari Inkantation

i do love the modular stage design

but japanese sources claim it's ~$3 awdood;

(((you'd think in the interest of promoting super mario maker they'd make it free for all, but i suppose that would be too sensible for a shortsighted nickle-'n'-dimer like nintendo)))

bluaki

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

Yes, it's paid DLC in US. Nintendo brilliantly decided that people will pay them anything they ask for more Smash Bros content, so this stage actually costs more (by $0.50) than any of the previous DLC stages. Well, to be fair, I guess those other stages are just ports of classic stages, while this one is completely new and definitely required a lot more development effort.

$2.49 for one game, $3.49 to get it in both games.

I almost expected it to be free because that'd help promote Mario Maker more, but it's really Nintendo, after all. Funny that we're now getting a DLC stage for a game that just released, while Yoshi's Wooly World still isn't out in US yet we've had its stage since the base SSBU released.

Also, interestingly, the Mario Maker stage has one major feature that's missing from the actual game: sloped ground.

bluaki

Smash DLC really adds up. As of this stage announcement, we now have:
$16 of fighters (4 x $4) (but one of the fighters must be bought bundled with his stage)
$10.5 of stages (4 x $2 + 1 x $2.5)
$18 of Mii costumes (3 x $6/wave or 24 x $0.75/item)

I think a modest prediction of the remaining DLC we might see for SSBU could be:
2 more fighters ($8)
1 more stage ($2.5)
1 more wave of 8 Mii costumes ($6)
Total = $16.50, which combined with what we have already makes $61. More than the base game.

What if Nintendo never releases a "DLC-included" version of SSBU, but instead makes a NX port at its launch which includes all exclusive content from both 3DS/U versions and all DLC sillydood;

bluaki

New update today adds more stuff that Nintendo didn't announce beforehand:

Mario Maker stage DLC: $2.49 (one version) / $3.49 (both games)
Pirate Ship stage DLC: $1.99 (Wii U only)
Duck Hunt stage: Free update (new to 3DS version, same stage as has been in Wii U since launch)

Mii Fighter Outfits:
* Business Suit
* Toad (Mario)
* Viridi (Kid Icarus)
* Hunter (MonHun4)
* Rathalos (MonHun4)
* Fox
* Captain Falcon

The update and DLC are available right now.

6M69I69B9

mistake or [spoiler]mistake[/spoiler]

pick [spoiler]2[/spoiler]

he CAN'T be serious

PLEASE

also what you guys wanting for smash4
this is my list:

Go Up