May 04, 2024, 05:00:13 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Idea for awesome Video Games.

Started by Geno, July 01, 2013, 03:31:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

I've been brainstorming an idea for a game for quite some time now. It's actually my main goal in life to get this game made. Haven't really figured out the character names and whatnot so this is all just the basic premise of the storyline/gameplay/plot twist elements. It's also a lot more developed in my head than what I'm actually typing, but I ain't gonna spend 3 hours typing it up. SO HERE WE GO.

It'll be a third person action game. You play as a 17 year old (Let's just call him Jack) who is a counselor for a new summer camp that is opening up. The gameplay elements will be introduced through camp activities and such. Jack is helping out with the rest of the counselors, which include his girlfriend,his girlfriend's little sister, a devout Christian guy, and a stoner dude. Other people will be there too but for now those are just the main ones I came up with.

While exploring the woods, Jack and his girlfriend's sister discover a cave. Inside they find a glowing stone, and a strange portal. It starts sparking up and two demon guys come out. They overhear the demons talking about trying to find someone who escaped. The demons find the two, and start to chase after Jack and the sister. The demons eventually grab ahold of them and plan on killing the two. At the last minute, a slash goes through the demon's arm, and a man with a huge sword (I'm picturing him as an Auron type character) appears. He slays one of the demon's but the other runs away, taking his girlfriend's sister with him. The Auron guy walks away and tells Jack to forget about what he saw.

Nobody at the camp believes him. His girlfriend is mad because he lost her sister in the woods. Later that night though, the portal explodes with demons n shit. Everything is getting destroyed. The player finds a small sword from one of the camp activities, and attempts to fight the demons, actually doing quite a bit of damage to them. The other counselors attempt to do the same, but they aren't able to do shit. The group runs into the forest, following the lead of the player who seems to be the only one able to protect them.

A huge Demon thing attacks them in the woods, and the player isn't able to do anything against it. The Auron guy comes back and fights the demon. He puts up a tough fight, but eventually kills the big demon. After some character development and shit, the Auron guy explains that the stones they found give the holder supernatural powers. He decides to train the main character in the ways of demon slaying.

Basically, he goes into the portal, and finds a huge city in the depths of hell. He has to find his girlfriend's sister and all that jazz, and becomes powerful over the course of the game. Somewhere towards the end, there's gonna be a plot twist where one of the demon scientist guys reveals that the main character was being controlled by a player the entire time, and that he is merely just a puppet used to develop a powerful warrior to fight for the demon guys. It sounds lame, and really similar to Bioshock's twist, but like I said it's more developed in my head.

I have a lot of other details in mind, but that's the basic premise.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Nyerp

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I think a cool quickie game idea would be one where the protagonist starts to slowly catch on to the fact that they're being controlled and then actively tries to break that control by fucking up your progress. Like jumping off of a ledge during a tense scene and then lamenting the fact that they can't actually die. It would probably just be an ugly mashup of tropes though, in the end.

So, throughout the game, the protagonist starts to actually work with the player to achieve goals with the promise that after the credits roll, they'll be free.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I had this game idea about a blind samurai. was blinded by a clan and developed a heightened sense of hearing so he could take revenge on the clan. you had to use sounds to shape your environment and determine where the enemies were etc. etc.

pretty much its was TLOU's hearing mode multiplied alot. You couldn't tell what your environment looked like and you had to tap your sword and use the echoes to shape a path and determine what was around you. also small things like water falling or whatever would help you out too.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: N o t S i d on July 02, 2013, 05:07:37 PM
I had this game idea about a blind samurai. was blinded by a clan and developed a heightened sense of hearing so he could take revenge on the clan. you had to use sounds to shape your environment and determine where the enemies were etc. etc.

pretty much its was TLOU's hearing mode multiplied alot. You couldn't tell what your environment looked like and you had to tap your sword and use the echoes to shape a path and determine what was around you. also small things like water falling or whatever would help you out too.
Whoa shit can we make this happen
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

me003

If it's anything like Eternal Death Slayer 3, or Demonic, I'm in!
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up