October 07, 2024, 02:23:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

żjob interviews?

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 03, 2013, 12:00:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

so i'm having a job interview with some little game development company thing at 3pm pst

because they're programmers  i'm wearing a flannel shirt and jeans

am i overdressed

also, discuss jobs you've interviewed here before

[spoiler]All two of you[/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

the only jobs i've interviewed for have been through the ymca (lifeguarding at a branch, lifeguarding at a camp) and everytime i feel like all i am doing is convincing them that i am not a child molester

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

nah you're not overdressed. sounds like you fit the bill for indie game company. nice pair of jeans and a good shirt go a long ways

LCK

i think i've hadm ore job interviews than most of boyah put together

ncba93ivyase

i felt like an idiot today goddamn

this one guy asked me questions and i didn't know what the hell he was saying and tried my best to answer him

he ended the discussion "well if this is the language you're most knowledgeable with then i don't have much confidence in everything else"

god damn

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Thyme

that is some straight-up rude right there awdood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

welcome to the professional world

ncba93ivyase

the guy who said that wasn't a game developer though and said that that's what he'd wanted to do and couldn't get the job

the actual game developers i talked with were much nicer so idk man maybe he was mad jelly

YPrrrr

I interviewed for a position with one of our state senators... Interview went really well, I was told I looked like their top choice...

And then someone was hired due to nepotism. Ah politics girl;

??????

i like interviews
i dress very pretty and give off good vibes

i've only had one bad experience with a cosmetics company (lush)
supposedly i didn't possess traits of optimism~

and i started to get bitter and angsty and it showed cry;

silvertone

Quote from: Clucky on January 03, 2013, 11:46:29 PM
i like interviews
i dress very pretty and give off good vibes

i've only had one bad experience with a cosmetics company (lush)
supposedly i didn't possess traits of optimism~

and i started to get bitter and angsty and it showed cry;

was it Felt's Dream Pop Influenced Cosmetics Business?????

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I just had a Big one a few days ago. It was my second one with this employer and this time they had a string of three suits sitting across the table from me.

I thought it went well though.

I've been through enough of these now as to where they're not so much of a concern anymore, which is what I tell myself.

Go Up