September 27, 2024, 10:45:45 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

where do you get your music from? like how doyou come across this stuff

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 10, 2012, 05:37:46 PM
where do you get your music from? like how doyou come across this stuff

the stoner/doom metal bands are mostly things found in related videos on youtube after silvertone links me to something. the African things I am always searching for and have some luck going to what.cd and listing all "african" tag on one page then searching "psychedelic" (or vice-versa), or going through genre tags on last.fm though that site has become really shitty in the past few years

here is that Edzayawa album, guaranteed 7/7 enjoyment: http://64.250.113.187/~fourdt/r/audio/Edzayawa%20-%20Projection%20One.zip

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: vziard on May 10, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
the stoner/doom metal bands are mostly things found in related videos on youtube after silvertone links me to something. the African things I am always searching for and have some luck going to what.cd and listing all "african" tag on one page then searching "psychedelic" (or vice-versa), or going through genre tags on last.fm though that site has become really shitty in the past few years

here is that Edzayawa album, guaranteed 7/7 enjoyment: http://64.250.113.187/~fourdt/r/audio/Edzayawa%20-%20Projection%20One.zip
I heard the song you posted on g+ and it was really cool. Downloaded.

what are some of your favorite african bands? I want to explore more "african" music, but so far all I really know is Fela Kuti and King Sunny Ade (and he is phenomenal). I like the stuff that has more electric guitar. I have some albums by Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate and their stuff is really chill and relaxing, but I prefer the more intense "dancy" stuff that Fela and Ade do. Afrobeat is the genre I'm guessing.

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 10, 2012, 06:19:57 PM
I heard the song you posted on g+ and it was really cool. Downloaded.

what are some of your favorite african bands? I want to explore more "african" music, but so far all I really know is Fela Kuti and King Sunny Ade (and he is phenomenal). I like the stuff that has more electric guitar. I have some albums by Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate and their stuff is really chill and relaxing, but I prefer the more intense "dancy" stuff that Fela and Ade do. Afrobeat is the genre I'm guessing.

Fela and Ali Touré are indisputably some of the best, so is Mulatu Astatke, but other than that I don't even know anyone in particular. That's why I was excited to find these new groups Edzayawa (Ghanaian), Guelawar (Gambian), and The Witch (Zambian), which will hopefully lead to more

there is some really cool Ethiopian jazz that's kind of hard to find on individual releases, but is collected on a series of compilations called Éthiopiques

one of my favorite rock albums is this compilation called World Psychedelic Classics 3: Love's a Real Thing which is all African psychedelic rock.

I'll upload all these and send them to you  hocuspocus;

Socks

last album i purchased was enrique iglesias circa 2009. from a walmart, surprisingly, which i staked out for two hours.

?????

Die for Dethklok

strongbad

ratatat - ratatat
the xx - the xx

[spoiler]on vinyl[/spoiler]
just arrived.
ratatat fucking kicks ass

Thyme

Lone - Galaxy Garden
Squarepusher - Ufabulum
Spock’s Beard - Day For Night
Frost* - Milliontown
Mono - You Are There
Digikid84 - Timelapse
L-Vis 1990 - Neon Dreams
Arjen Anthony Lucassen - Lost in the New Real
Cory Johnson - The Legend of Zelda

?????

Where do you guys download (torrent) your music from?
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on May 15, 2012, 10:45:13 PM

what.cd for a while but i am currently on ratiowatch for sucking at life :I

demonoid and tbh for the time being which makes me sad

Commander Fuckass

downloaded the Diablo III soundtrack /immanerd
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on May 15, 2012, 10:45:13 PM

filestube because my isp sucks at life :I

Andria

?????

Who's last.fm name is board_with_nail? I'm listening to their band (parasitic ejaculation) p cook
Die for Dethklok

Samus Aran

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on May 17, 2012, 09:15:38 PM
Who's last.fm name is board_with_nail? I'm listening to their band (parasitic ejaculation) p cook

Steal

Go Up