September 30, 2024, 08:28:27 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

last night

Started by hotlikesauce., November 18, 2012, 09:49:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hotlikesauce.

played a gig last night. i was informed that i was playing on wednesday and had 3 days to learn 6 songs: black dog, i just don't know what to do with myself, pursuit of happiness, can't stop, two step, and grey street.

so we get there and we get our wristbands and a free tab all night. i drink too much before i play, and i'm afraid i'm gonna forget my songs. then i get up there and everything is fine. we get done with two step and we were gonna play grey street, and my guitarist goes straight into grey street with no break, and since the venue sucked, i couldn't hear shit and get on beat. i finally got on beat and he told me to lay out, so i sit there for the rest of the song looking like a dumbass.

i'm like "fuck it." when we play "can't stop" next, i'll do some extra flashy shit to redeem myself and not look like a total failure. the sound guy informs us we're only getting paid to play till 1, and it's 1:05, so if we don't want to play anymore we don't have to. everyone bails and i'm left to pack up my drums (and my top tom has a busted head because the other guy plays like a fucking tool).

we get drinks, but i haven't eaten all day because i've been preparing, so i'm feeling nauseous as fuck. whatever, i'll be home soon, right?

jake calls all the pledges and they're all doing stupid shit and can't pick us up, so we're waiting outside in the cold for half an hour before alex finally shows up. we load everything up, and apparently we're giving everyone a ride to the house. we stuff 6 people in the back seat of this SUV and i end up sitting on my buddy's lap. we go to the house, and people get out, but then people want to go to justin's house, so we go there. some drunk frat guy calls alex and starts bitching about how he lost his phone and it HAS to be in the car. it's not, but we have to go back there anyways so this asshole can look for it for 30 minutes before he realizes it's not in the car.

then we leave and finally get to my house at 4am. i'm tired as fuck, hungry as fuck, and we have to unload everything. fuck.

and i didn't even get paid. "hey man i appreciate you coming out but i was only planning on paying 3 people, but we booked you for the 6th for graduation and you'll have some money coming coming your way then. thanks."

fuck. i know this is deardiary; and shit but man i'm just so mad about last night.

NOA_Haunted

That fucking blows dude.

strongbad

Hiro

this is the worst thread i've ever read

Mando Pandango

that's a weird-ass setlist
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 19, 2012, 04:18:26 AM
who's jake

the frontman.

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on November 18, 2012, 09:37:31 PM
That fucking blows dude.

yeah i know. and now the guy doesn't want to pay for the two heads he busted.

Go Up