July 01, 2024, 12:52:56 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wii U controller

Started by Hiro, May 20, 2012, 04:01:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: Thyme on May 20, 2012, 04:40:42 PM
do 8 fat gamers even fit in a room.........
i think there is only 1 sort of fat guy i play w/ when i play multi player games

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on May 20, 2012, 06:46:22 PM
i think there is only 1 sort of fat guy i play w/ when i play multi player games
are they all aznbodybuilders
I love [you]

bluaki

I think an octagon guide around a joystick is rather useful because it helps with going straight in one of the primary directions

But I guess most cases where that would be particularly useful are probably better served by using the d-pad instead. The Wii U controller does make the d-pad more easily accessible than the Gamecube and Wii controllers do.

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on May 20, 2012, 09:34:14 PM
I think an octagon guide around a joystick is rather useful because it helps with going straight in one of the primary directions

But I guess most cases where that would be particularly useful are probably better served by using the d-pad instead.
the times i think the 8-gate is useful is in fighting games and for that i like it plus it just feels better to me but idc that much

Quote from: bluaki on May 20, 2012, 09:34:14 PM
The Wii U controller does make the d-pad more easily accessible than the Gamecube and Wii controllers do.
how so

Thyme

Quote from: Makaveli on May 21, 2012, 05:25:47 AM
how so

the placement is okay on the wiimote imo

but yeah it felt weird on the gamecube controller

[spoiler]but not as weird as the c-stick >.<[/spoiler]

bluaki

Quote from: Thyme on May 21, 2012, 09:37:55 AM
the placement is okay on the wiimote imo
Using the d-pad instead of the joystick essentially completely changes your controller, with losing two buttons, making two more awkward to use, and making the IR camera unusable, practically reverting to an NES controller which is in some ways actually less comfortable to use. This is not at all comparable to PS/Xbox/3DS/WiiU where your left thumb can easily (in the middle of gameplay) switch between analogue stick and d-pad for movement with your right hand remaining over the face buttons.

I'd say that counts as weird placement n_u

The N64 controller also had quite a bit of weirdness for switching between joystick and d-pad from moving the entire left hand (with resulting problems of balance/symmetry and silly appearance), but at least it uses the same face buttons for both and the d-pad itself is decent unlike the ones on gamecube/360

Quote from: Thyme on May 21, 2012, 09:37:55 AM
but not as weird as the c-stick >.<
What was so weird about the c-stick? I think it was better than Gamecube's d-pad and was generally used much more in games.

strongbad

May 21, 2012, 06:31:37 PM #51 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:37:52 PM by ilovesloths
i agree with hiro with the fact that it should be shaped more like a gcn controller

how else are we supposed to play smash bros?

silvertone

playing ssb. with 2 ppl... future of nintendo

strongbad

Quote from: silvertone on May 21, 2012, 06:33:23 PM
playing ssb. with 2 ppl... future of nintendo

1v1 is my preferred way of playing smash
so maybe nintendo is finally doing something right

Samus Aran

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 21, 2012, 06:38:27 PM
1v1 is my preferred way of playing smash
so maybe nintendo is finally doing something right

you're awful

ME##

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 21, 2012, 06:31:37 PM
i agree with hiro with the fact that it should be shaped more like a gcn controller

how else are we supposed to play smash bros?

probably by using a gamecube controller anyway goonish

Hiro

Quote from: Dovydas on May 22, 2012, 03:38:18 PM
probably by using a gamecube controller anyway goonish
i think they said the gamecube stuff is removed this time around

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Makaveli on May 22, 2012, 03:42:26 PM

ugh, that's another problem awdood;

ME##

Quote from: Makaveli on May 22, 2012, 03:42:26 PM
but i thought the new backward compatibility rules stated that you skipped the most recent generation to support  confuseddood; confuseddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dovydas on May 22, 2012, 03:44:38 PM
but i thought the new backward compatibility rules stated that you skipped the most recent generation to support  confuseddood; confuseddood;

i would honestly be pleasantly surprised if the other consoles had backwards compatibility with physical games at all, even if it skipped the most recent generation awdood;

Go Up