October 02, 2024, 01:25:37 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

officially unofficial college dropout thread

Started by PLEASEHELP1991, May 01, 2012, 08:46:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

i went to rit for a while and at first it was like yay because i had a girlfriend back home who kept me happy in the emotional means of everything

but when that starting to go to shit i wondered whether i truly wanted to a) be spending 50k a year on college and b) live 300 miles away from home with not many friends and c) major in computer science at all because i wasn't really that fond of it

so i said no to all of that and decided to go back home and then i went on a road trip across the country after working for like 3 months straight

and then i went back to school at a state school that's costing me maybe 7k a year and i'm going to be a math teacher so yeah
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Travis

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on May 02, 2012, 09:00:09 PM
This is truly one of the most depressing things I've read on boyah lately.
im in the same boat thumbup;

Kalahari Inkantation

ncba93ivyase

how the fuck is college so expensive for you people

for everybody paying over $20000 a year, where did you go?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Andria

I kind of just stopped going. My last semester I was in a poor state so I kind of started skipping class and my work was suffering, and I realised I didn't even like what I was going for so I just never signed up for more classes after that.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 02, 2012, 09:51:41 PM

I'm even going out of state and my tuition without room and board is just under 20k I believe.

But I'd assume they're going to private schools?

Socks

Quote from: Clucky on May 02, 2012, 09:47:04 AM
i left without any forewarning or notice
i remembered i carried a small black backpack with small towelettes, plastic baggies, and small essentials for water storage so i won't ruin my health while homeless

wrote them a letter behind a gum wrapper consisting of 2 sentences, i think, or one.
basically, 'i'm leaving because i can't grow here. thanks for everything you've done so far, bye.'

a letter, since i couldn't bear being talked down upon and being manipulated by guilt
plus it was the easiest and happiest option for me
i knew if i've met them face-to-face, they'd ask me questions i don't know the answers to, force safety funds or phone numbers onto me or make me feel very sad

i visited them for three days for thanksgiving, and with my new experiences i can find more depth in them
made me more appreciative of mommy and daddy
and made me more actualized that i have to re-connect with daddy because he's the keeper of my raw creativity  giggle;

I figured, but still, I can't do that myself. It would crush them, and it will be super difficult this way for me but I have no choice and must somehow make it work. I admire your ability to leave though, I know in the end it would be easier and they would get over it, but, you know, yeah, it's not that easy.

Quote from: eeeeeee on May 02, 2012, 08:58:21 PM
i can't drop out because i don't know what I want to do so I'mma just get a degree i guess  akudood;

it honestly doesn't hurt to have one, and props to you for seeing it through. doesn't matter, really, if it turns out to matter, what matters is that you can either do something, or not do it.

snoorkel

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 02, 2012, 09:51:41 PM

LMU was going to bill me about $14,000 per semester (no housing/food included), even after the 25k in scholarships I'd mustard
^ main reason why i left that school but also realized everyone there is cocks

YPrrrr

Would you have stayed if you had more scholarship money to ketchup on payments n_u

snoorkel

Quote from: NDDR on May 03, 2012, 12:23:09 AM
Would you have stayed if you had more scholarship money to ketchup on payments n_u

n, i relish my decision to leave. I sensed it was all going to be.. horseradish

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: vziard on May 03, 2012, 12:06:55 AM
LMU was going to bill me about $14,000 per semester (no housing/food included), even after the 25k in scholarships I'd mustard
^ main reason why i left that school but also realized everyone there is cocks

Loyola Marymount University (LMU) is a comprehensive co-educational private Roman Catholic university in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions

found your problem

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

It is so odd to imagine a boyager willingly going to a catholic university girl;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NDDR on May 03, 2012, 01:07:50 AM
It is so odd to imagine a boyager willingly going to a catholic university girl;
snorkel's not religious so i'm guessing his family sent him there

and it's hard to imagine anybody would want to go to a religious school

snoorkel

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 03, 2012, 01:17:53 AM
snorkel's not religious so i'm guessing his family sent him there

and it's hard to imagine anybody would want to go to a religious school

no, I wasn't about to live in pasadena to go to caltech or occidental, it was the best choice given where I wanted to live

was willing to ignore the catholic endorsement, even though jesuits aren't really known for being awful, but the place ended up being shit anyway

Go Up