July 01, 2024, 01:02:10 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Super Sony Bros

Started by Hiro, April 26, 2012, 11:19:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Quote from: H.P. Lovecat on April 28, 2012, 08:31:56 AM
d/w i kinda want it to, just cos i saw Cptn Qwark

Please tell me you saw him as a playable character. That will make me...
Quote from: Dovydas on April 28, 2012, 02:18:09 PM
pre-ordered and paid in full RUB IT

strongbad

Quote from: Heads on April 27, 2012, 10:40:52 PM
only because you won't be expecting it to be exactly like melee
[spoiler]#krunchburned[/spoiler]

i wasn't into melee when i first started playing brawl and it held my attention significantly less than any smash game

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

now i have to choose between this and littlebigkarting

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Sudoroodo on May 02, 2012, 10:01:48 AM
just wait till 2013 when they make Super Sony Little Big Karting All Stars

Wrench

Quote from: Sudoroodo on May 02, 2012, 10:01:48 AM

...i thought this wasn't a serious post.

Probably getting both, but jesus christ

strongbad

Quote from: steal on May 01, 2012, 11:57:00 AM
Lol tourney fag, Brawl is dope

and I'll probably end up getting Sony smash bros. Just because Sony is ripping off Nintendo's formula doesn't mean it's going to be bad. The biggest problem I see with it is that sony's characters have never seemed as 'iconic' as Nintendo's to me.

psh casual

but back on topic i don't see this as a rip-off at all. the ssb series is part of a relatively unexplored sub-genre of fighting games, and it awesome to see another serious developer looking into it. i agree that the idea is extremely similar to smash, but who cares? it is going to play so differently than smash considering that:
-you have a super bar that charges up
-you have 3 tiers of attacks (or is it just 3 tiers of supers? idk)
-you can only get kills from using your super
-it is not king of the hill style like smash, which is the biggest factor that sets smash apart from other fighters in my opinion. also platforms, but this has those too i think.

the mechanics will no doubt be extremely different as well. similar on a base level, obviously, but everything listed above, along with the fact that it will use a unique engine, will provide a much different experience.

with this being said i probably won't ever get this unless it turns out to be amazing considering that i don't have a ps3 and that it probably won't cater to the kind of play that i enjoy in ssb games

Commander Fuckass

>super bot entertainment
>>serious developers

laughingsluts.jpg

Thyme

Quote from: CM Wrench on May 02, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
...i thought this wasn't a serious post.

well, it isn't in the sense that i'm p. sure tec doesn't actually want any of those

but yeah, lbk is a thing

strongbad

Quote from: Haunter on May 02, 2012, 03:00:52 PM
>super bot entertainment
>>serious developers

laughingsluts.jpg

well it is being published by sony, so it will have adaquate funding to say the least
besides, isn't it a branch of SCE Santa Monica Studio, which was responsible for GoW?

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 02, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
well it is being published by sony, so it will have adaquate funding to say the least
besides, isn't it a branch of SCE Santa Monica Studio, which was responsible for GoW?
Yes, SCE owns Santa Monia Studio which has been handing quite a few AAA titles.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on May 02, 2012, 07:43:36 PM
Yes, SCE owns Santa Monia Studio which has been handing quite a few AAA titles.

well that's not what he asked lol, he asked if Superbot is a "branch of SCE Santa Monica," which it's not

Santa Monica is collaborating with Superbot on this game, though, according to Wikipedia (whether that means they're all that involved with development, i don't know)...but Santa Monica is a first-party, SCE-owned studio and Superbot is a smaller, second party studio that is separate

Snowy

Quote from: Cirno on May 04, 2012, 05:57:35 PM
well that's not what he asked lol, he asked if Superbot is a "branch of SCE Santa Monica," which it's not

Santa Monica is collaborating with Superbot on this game, though, according to Wikipedia (whether that means they're all that involved with development, i don't know)...but Santa Monica is a first-party, SCE-owned studio and Superbot is a smaller, second party studio that is separate

jkhgrjklshfgkjlds I am blind

Go Up