September 30, 2024, 03:14:46 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So hey, does anyone wanna help me hunt something down?

Started by Samus Aran, January 23, 2012, 01:28:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I've been struggling to find the dub of Rurouni Kenshin in a format that I can watch on my TV. Avi is preferable of course, but the mp4s I was downloading until MU went down were nice too.

If these are really so impossible to find, then I guess I'll just go with dual-audio mkvs and watch them on my computer, but before that, I'd like to keep looking.

:(

silvertone

Samus Aran

lol those are isos, i am looking for something playable on my tv like avi or mp4, english dubbed

thanks though :(

silvertone

bluaki

If nobody finds anything useful to Kaz, I can probably reencode something myself.  I wanted to learn more about encoding anyways.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on January 23, 2012, 02:58:58 PM
If nobody finds anything useful to Kaz, I can probably reencode something myself.  I wanted to learn more about encoding anyways.

omg that would be amazing giggle;

ME##

bluaki

For some reason I was thinking of hardsubbing conversion when I first read this thread on my phone, but just dub I already know how to do and is easy to reencode

...if I can manage enough disk space to last through the intermediate steps, that is.

I figure this source is what you'd want me to use? http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2259296/03670610058/
That's 640x480, but there's also a 1280x960 resolution one available.

What do you use to play videos on your TV? A PS3? Depending on the exact capabilities of whatever you're using, it would be better (in terms of both quality and file size) to convert to a format slightly more similar to the source than the avi/xvid/mp3 video files you're used to

Samus Aran

My 360 is actually usually what I use when watching animu, but I'm pretty sure the video file playing capabilities of both are basically the same.

640x480 is what I was already using, it's an older anime so a higher resolution really isn't necessary because it's not going to look better anyway

so yeah, that would be fine. english dubbed at 640x480 in whatever format readable by 360/ps3 that you think would be best

:3

Go Up