May 22, 2024, 07:29:08 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ninja Gaiden is OVERRATED

Started by One Man Freak Show, June 08, 2007, 08:58:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

I downloaded Ninja Gaiden on my Wii yesterday (And Zelda II) because IGN gave it a 9.5, and I had never played the NES version before (Played the Lynx version though, which is awesome). Does IGN even play the VC games over again? Or do they just review it based on memories? The game does NOT hold up well. It's WAY too hard. I know difficulty is part of the series' appeal, but there's a huge difference in challenging and frustrating. This is the latter.

The enemies spawn out of nowhere, right when you step in front of them. The most annoying, though, are the stupid owls. They don't spawn until after you jump, and then they hit you and knock you down. And how come they take three HP? Being jabbed in the stomach only takes one away, so why should an owl being smacked into your face take three? It's ridiculous. Not only that, the jumps are just retarded. It's kinda like Karate Kid meets the first Turtles game. The first Turtles game had retarded jump mechanics, and Karate Kid had the whole "If you get hit, you fly" thing. Coincidentally, I hate both games. Ninja Gaiden's still a good game (I guess), but it's extremely over-rated.

The artist formally known

Tomboh

Why the hell did you get Zelda II?

It sucks major ass.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Tomboh on June 08, 2007, 11:32:23 PM
Why the **** did you get Zelda II?

It sucks major ***.

I know it does. I got it just to say "I have all the console Zelda games".

Go Up