May 05, 2024, 05:59:45 AM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

American Psycho to be remade.

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, December 09, 2011, 02:10:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

http://gothamist.com/2011/12/08/utterly_insane_american_psycho_rema.php

To be honest, I wasn't too big a fan of the first movie. Like always, the book is better.

I can't imagine that a remake is going to be good, especially if they modernize it. I mean, the main character defining quality is that he was the personification of an entire decade, a decade of excess. Although the present does share some similarities to the eighties, it's a completely different time with completely different issues. It's not going to translate well.

Post about your feelings on this issue.

PLEASEHELP1991

Bret Easton Ellis is a giant shithead.
I love [you]

silvertone

snoorkel

NO..... NO

this will be terrible. that movie is not *brilliant* but it's pretty good. it is definitely NOT NECESSARY AT ALL to remake it, especially not by removing nearly all of the original story

why don't they remake Rules of Attraction or one of the other god awful film versions of his books.

Quote from: Chompskyan Grammar on December 09, 2011, 02:17:36 PM
Bret Easton Ellis is a giant shithead.

bret easton ellis is a fuckin g, his books are great (excepting the most recent one)

Daddy

is rules of attraction the one with the sex

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on December 09, 2011, 06:49:33 PM
is rules of attraction the one with the sex

yes, not to be confsued with less than zero, the one about coke.

LCK

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: vziard on December 09, 2011, 05:29:09 PM
bret easton ellis is a fuckin g, his books are great (excepting the most recent one)
He seems to be a dick especially lately:
"When I was bullied: you manned-up. You learned something. You realized: I'm not getting the gold star. You realized: you lose. Deal with it."
"I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?"
I love [you]

snoorkel

Quote from: Chompskyan Grammar on December 09, 2011, 09:24:38 PM
"When I was bullied: you manned-up. You learned something. You realized: I'm not getting the gold star. You realized: you lose. Deal with it."
"I like the idea of 'Glee' but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?"

yeah, I kind of feel the same way about him as I do Matt Taibbi, they are both once-awesome but now washed up counterculture superstars (fuck) who can't really write anything half as good as they did 10 years ago.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Chompskyan Grammar on December 09, 2011, 09:24:38 PM

I kind of like this idea though.

PLEASEHELP1991

December 11, 2011, 06:36:42 AM #10 Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:46:40 AM by Chompskyan Grammar
Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 10, 2011, 07:28:56 PM
I kind of like this idea though.
i really think this is just his internalized homophobia coming out after the death of his partner actually more so than an actual thought
but this is a pretty big winner (obvious meta-quote referencing the use of breathe me as a soundtrack for melodramatic situations in television and movies):
"The weak-ass anti-bullying approach: YouTube video with Sia wailing Breathe? I want the kid who growls: "I am gonna break your fucking arm."
I love [you]

Go Up