June 30, 2024, 10:42:14 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Strange

Started by Socks, November 29, 2011, 03:25:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

I read an article that was really strange. Four pit bulls were euthanised. I find the practice of immediately killing animals that have harmed humans as a stupid one. But the term 'destroyed' is profoundly absurd, and disturbing. How could you refer to the murder of a living creature as their destruction and have it become an acceptable process and idea? I don't get it, I mean we don't kill or destroy humans that harm animals, and we are the ones with a brain.

InbredPsychosis

I think the idea is that once an animal has had the taste for human flesh it can never stop craving it, or some arrogance to that nature. Therefore, to stop it from spreading its human killing genes, and to prevent future human killings, the animal must be put down.

AND YES IT WILL KILL AGAIN EVEN IF IT'S NEVER KILLED BEFORE

The worst part is, usually when an animal (like someones pet) attacks a human, its usually due to the negligence of either the victim or the owner of the pet. If its a wild animal, it's always due to the negligence of the victim.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

piano moths

I've never liked hearing stories like this. It doesn't make any sense to me either... They're animals and just because they do something animal-like I don't think that's enough reason to destroy (what the hell!?) them
kill them w kindness

Daddy

Very rarely are the owners actually punished more than anything but a warning or a fine too.

InbredPsychosis

Quote from: Khadafi on November 29, 2011, 03:45:41 PM
Very rarely are the owners actually punished more than anything but a warning or a fine too.

It's punishment enough that they murder your pet, I think.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

snoorkel

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on November 29, 2011, 03:46:39 PM
It's punishment enough that they murder your pet, I think.

No, they should murder the owners and give the pets their stuff

PLEASEHELP1991

PETA even advocates for animal euthanasia, sadly.
I love [you]

InbredPsychosis

Quote from: Chompskyan Grammar on November 29, 2011, 06:34:04 PM
PETA even advocates for animal euthanasia, sadly.

PETA is a terrible example for animal rights activists.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on November 29, 2011, 06:38:09 PM
PETA is a terrible example for animal rights activists.
i'm inundated with their bullshit every time i come into the city ~_^
I love [you]

silvertone

Socks

There is a good example of animal proponents but it involves Sara McLachlan and the playing of Angel over and over again.

Go Up