July 08, 2024, 09:13:09 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Wii?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

myface;

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

don't let's

I like my Wii just fine and most of the games that I bought for it are pretty good and fun. Though I will say that when I got my 360 I pretty much quit playing Wii for a couple years because I was pretty much playing Halo 3 everyday, and then Oblivion also took up a lot of time and also Fallout 3.

Nyerp

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 12, 2011, 10:18:20 AM
Basically, the PS3/360 share a ton of great games that are nowhere to be found on Wii and therefore Wii sucks.

Especially because of its internet :|

so...having its own great exclusives makes the wii suck? the fuck? psyduck;

lol enjoy your online passes

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 12, 2011, 10:59:38 AM
so...having its own great exclusives makes the wii suck? the fuck? psyduck;

lol enjoy your online passes
It has less exclusive to it that I am interested in than the PS3/Xbox

ps3 is free and i'd even rather pay a subscription than use nintendo's shitty system hocuspocus;

Classic

It's had its up's and down's, but for the kinds of games I play I'd say I'm satisfied.
On to the Wii U.

Hiro

Quote from: Bert Schnick on October 12, 2011, 11:17:17 AM
It's had its up's and down's, but for the kinds of games I play I'd say I'm satisfied.
On to the Wii U.
I hope the Wii U ends up good. The controller seems interesting and that Zelda demo holy shit, but at the same time the touch screen needs a stylus and they only want 1 Wii U controller per system with everyone else using Wiimotes :'(
Also it's coming out much earlier than the next Xbox or PS3, so hopeful we don't end up with a Dreamcast situation...

ME##

Quote from: Hiro on October 12, 2011, 11:50:51 AM
Zelda [tech] demoholy shit
Honestly, I think Nintendo should stay away from 'realistic' looking Zelda games.  Wind Waker is fun and enjoyable and Skyward Sword looks like it could be the same, but of course I shan't be playing that until 2018. goodjob;

[spoiler]In before somebody mentions my prior knowledge of Zelder[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

i don't think realism is an inherent problem with zelda, i just think it was poorly executed in twilight princess because they couldn't really manage a balance of realism and un-realism and it looks just...weird

in general i would prefer more stylish/silly things like wind waker and skyward sword though, as i just find it to lend itself more to being creative and original

Geno

Quote from: Tectrika on October 12, 2011, 03:14:27 AM
elaborate :|
Elaborate? What's there to elaborate on? The 360 and PS3 both have a large selection of quality games while the Wii has only a small selection.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

snoorkel

FAMY2

Quote from: Reisen on October 12, 2011, 09:41:43 AM
not everyone has a ps3. what if someone has a wii and a 360? in that case, those non-exclusive 360 games suddenly become exclusive, because they don't have a ps3. and those games sure as fuck aren't on the wii.

That would be me. And given a choice I'd by a 360 game first every time. Snorkel is right about the controller, it sucks.

Hiro

i think all of the current gen has pretty good controllers

Geno

Quote from: Hiro on October 12, 2011, 03:47:33 PM
i think all of the current gen has pretty good controllers
Yeah I guess. The 360 is the only one that fits perfectly in your hands though.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Wrench

Quote from: Geno on October 12, 2011, 09:59:32 PM
Yeah I guess. The 360 is the only one that fits perfectly in your hands though.

360 controller is the worst :(

PS3 and Classic Controller = thumbup;

FAMY2

I like the 360 controller. But never used the PS ones.

I'm afraid of how good Zelda will be cause of using the motion control to do everything.  >.<   It will either be too hard or too easy.   girl;

Hiro

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 13, 2011, 06:50:27 AM
I like the 360 controller. But never used the PS ones.

I'm afraid of how good Zelda will be cause of using the motion control to do everything.  >.<   It will either be too hard or too easy.   girl;
from what i understand they're altering the gameplay a bit so it won't just be super easy, you have to think about what direction you swing for most enemies.

Go Up