September 28, 2024, 09:28:58 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

ME##

twinkle popopo is sent into the future to do, um, idk whatever that thing has to do, then sent back to its childhood

Nyerp

Hiro

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 22, 2011, 08:27:36 AM
3. nothing about wind waker requires it to take place in an alternate timeline

the oot -> mm -> ww sequence stil fits perfectly into a single timeline
yeah, for the longest time I thought link going to termina in mm was the "hero leaving" referred to in the prologue in ww

Kalahari Inkantation

so how the heck did the split timeline theory ever become so popular in the first place if the progression from oot to mm to ww could always have been easily explained with a single timeline

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiroglyph on December 22, 2011, 03:23:39 PM
yeah, for the longest time I thought link going to termina in mm was the "hero leaving" referred to in the prologue in ww

me too

Thyme

Quote from: Azunyan on December 22, 2011, 03:32:03 PM
me too

...is it incorrect to still think that? confuseddood;

i still think that

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i used to think that but now i'm not sure it's very likely

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 21, 2011, 09:05:18 PM
at the end of oot, ganon is sealed in the dark realm, no longer a threat to hyrule in the immediate future or in the past, and this is why young link feels safe leaving for termina to find this "friend" of his

and some time later, long after the events of oot and mm when link is no longer around or able to protect hyrule, ganon gets loose and sets the stage for wind waker

that's what i think, though exactly how or why ganon could or would "get loose" is never explained in any game aside from ww's brief intro

Nyerp

actually no that theory was just plain debunked after tp came out n_u

Daddy

hero of time ruins the timeline.

Has anyone actually seen pictures of the book's supposed timeline?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on December 22, 2011, 03:44:54 PM
actually no that theory was just plain debunked after tp came out n_u

i've been speaking in pre-tp terms this entire thread lol (because tp is a retroactive prequel based on fan idiocy)

I'm only here to find out how or why the timeline theory garnered so many fans if, pre-TP, OoT and its sequels could all have fit into a single timeline. >.<

Nyerp

we've gone over this

can this thread please stop going in circles

Daddy

what how is tp a prequel

also regarding skyward sword
[spoiler]WHY DOES THE FUCKING TIME TRAVEL IN THIS GAME NOT FUCKING CREATE A SPLIT TIMELINE. LINK ACTUALLY GOES BACK IN FUCKING TIME TO CHANGE THE PAST IN THIS TIMELINE[/spoiler]

Nyerp

December 22, 2011, 04:00:31 PM #178 Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:08:47 PM by Nyerp
Quote from: Khadafi on December 22, 2011, 03:52:49 PM
what how is tp a prequel

it's been stated canonically to take place between oot/mm and ww

Quotealso regarding skyward sword
[spoiler]WHY DOES THE FUCKING TIME TRAVEL IN THIS GAME NOT FUCKING CREATE A SPLIT TIMELINE. LINK ACTUALLY GOES BACK IN FUCKING TIME TO CHANGE THE PAST IN THIS TIMELINE[/spoiler]

oh my god seriously

this is just like that awful post from outsider i quoted in the skyward sword thread

it doesn't create a "split timeline" because nintendo does not fucking care about making 100% coherent plots and the only reason the oot split is now apparently considered canon is that the fans fucking whined

Daddy

But ganon dies in TP HOW IS HE BACK IN WW @_@

Go Up