October 01, 2024, 11:26:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

You ready to pay for youtube videos?

Started by KonohaShinobi, June 14, 2011, 07:08:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

http://www.youtube.com/t/youtube_rentals

QuoteIntroducing the beta of YouTube Rentals, a pay-to-view model on YouTube. Providing content owners a new way to generate revenue on the site, YouTube Rentals allows partners greater flexibility to monetize a variety of videos, provides full control over their content, and allows content owners to tap into the world's largest online video community.

YPrrrr

Guess I'm back to watching Nintendofangirl

Selkie

Samus Aran

June 14, 2011, 10:53:25 AM #3 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:03:10 AM by Kyou
it'll only be used for copyrighted material anyway so whatever

applesauce

I really can't see this being successful.

HeroofTime55

[REDACTED]

YouTube hasn't been a profitable venture for Google, so they are trying ways to monetize it. If they don't make a cent off YouTube, it's gone.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

bluaki

I can see this eventually becoming like Netflix confuseddood;
Considering it would only apply to copyrighted things that would be removed anyways, I don't see any problem with it. I'd think only well-known movie developers would even consider this because, for other uploaders, setting a price is basically a way to kill your viewers count.

Mando Pandango

This isn't news. It's already been in place for quite a while and the only content available to rent is entire goddamn movies. You guys are idiots.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up