September 17, 2024, 01:27:18 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Dark Knight Rises

Started by Meyer Lansky, June 13, 2011, 12:11:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Meyer Lansky

Since I didn't see a thread on this, and this is undoubtedly one of the more anticipated films of 2012, I decided to make a thread to discuss and compile any and all information pertaining to trailers, photos, BTS, new information, etc.

From the looks of it, Warner Bros. is gearing up to launch another viral campaign to rival the one they implemented with The Dark Knight.

Latest Headline:

QuoteACTIVITY ON THE OFFICIAL THE DARK KNIGHT RISES SITE
by SuperHeroHype
May 20th, 2011

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Scooper 'Chad' alerted us that the official site for The Dark Knight Rises has come online at TheDarkKnightRises.com (or TheDarkKnightRises.WarnerBros.com). For now it's just a black page with the sound of people chanting. You can click on the black page to be taken directly to the sound file. Is it the start of another impressive viral campaign like the studio put together for The Dark Knight?

Now filming on three continents for a July 20, 2012 release, the Christopher Nolan sequel stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata and Nestor Carbonell.

UPDATE: That didn't take long. SuperHeroHype Forums member 'Riskproduction' figured out using an audio program that in spectrum the audio says "#thefirerises" which of course would mean something on Twitter. There's even a Twitter.com/TheFireRises account!

UPDATE #2: It looks like following Twitter.com/TheFireRises will help uncover the image that is located at http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/image.html.

UPDATE #3: The viral itself has been scooped! The image has already been uncovered by the fans and it's Tom Hardy as Bane! Click the photo for a bigger version!

Cast (as of 5/20/11)
Christian Bale - Bruce Wayne / Batman
Anne Hathaway - Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Tom Hardy - Bane
Gary Oldman - Jim Gordon
Morgan Freeman - Lucius Fox
Michael Caine - Alfred
Marion Cotillard - Miranda Tate
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - John Blake
Josh Pence - Young Ra's Al Ghul
Nestor Carbonell - Mayor
Diego Klattenhoff - Rookie Cop
Brett Cullen - Judge
Chris Ellis - Priest

Unspecified Roles:
Matthew Modine
Tom Conti
Joey King
Alon Aboutboul
Juno Temple

On-Set Photos:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Archived News:
5/24/11 - Two More Join The Dark Knight Rises (Source: Theater of the Mind)
4/19/11 - Cotillard and Gordon-Levitt Officially Join The Dark Knight Rises (Source: SuperHeroHype)
4/8/11 - 'Social Network' Actor Lands Role in 'Dark Knight Rises' (Source: The Hollywood Reporter)
3/25/11 - Source: Juno Temple Locked for 'Batman 3' (Source: Variety)
3/21/11 - Joseph Gordon Levitt joins 'Dark Knight Rises'... but not as Falcone (Source: EW)
3/20/11 - Gordon-Levitt's 'Dark Knight' role revealed (Juno Temple rumored) (Source: Variety)
3/11/11 - Could Two-Face Appear In 'The Dark Knight Rises' After All? (Source: MTV Splash Page)
3/9/11 - Oldman Talks About Batman's Villain - (Source: E! Online)
2/22/11 - Hardy on Playing Bane (Source: Chatty Man Video, YouTube)
2/14/11 - Marion Cotillard in Discussions for The Dark Knight Rises (Source: SHH!)

Nyerp

i don't care about this movie in the slightest

i'll probably end up seeing it, but i just don't give a shit

it's a hollywood superhero movie threequel

Samus Aran

well, i'm not particularly interested or anything

but if it's at least almost as good as The Dark Knight then yay i guess, and i'll see it eventually i'm sure

Selkie

I have never anticipated a movie more...

It's going to be great. The other 2 were great, and it's the conclusion, and I simply can't see Nolan disappointing...he is just too good.

And I have a feeling Tom Hardy's performance is going to rival Heath's.

Hiro

I'm not particularly excited for it just yet, I'll have to wait for a trailer.

Wrench

Wish they chose a better Catwoman. Not a big fan of Hathaway

Dullahan

Seriously? Anne Hathaway? I feel the same way I felt when I heard that Topher Grace was playing Venom.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Based God on June 13, 2011, 12:11:42 PM
Marion Cotillard - Miranda Tate
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - John Blake
IT'S A MOVIE WITHIN A MOVIE
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Commander Fuckass

July 13, 2011, 10:10:37 AM #8 Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:25:46 AM by Kefka
Quote from: Hiro on June 13, 2011, 08:53:45 PM
I'm not particularly excited for it just yet, I'll have to wait for a trailer.
Teaser Trailer

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=41641

Ra’s Al Ghul (Line from Batman Begins): "If you make yourself more than just a man. If you devote your self to an ideal. Then you become something else entirely. A legend [can’t make out word] , a legend."

Gordon: VERY hard to make out this part. Possibly “You understood me, you...”

Gordon: "We were in this together, and then you were gone. Now this evil rises. The Batman, has to come back."

Bruce: "What if he doesn’t exist anymore?"

Gordon: "He must. He must".
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

This video contains content from Warner Bros. Entertainment, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

Commander Fuckass

well shit.

here's another one then
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=41641

note: both were pretty shitty quality
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up