April 30, 2024, 05:24:53 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on April 14, 2012, 10:10:24 AM
How? The first episode shows plenty of details that can totally easily lead to boys' love. n_u

Though I do strongly doubt it'd take that route, they seemed a bit too close at several points in that episode girl;

Well duh lol, I think everyone expected there to be undertones of that. But it's also pretty obvious that our main character likes girls, and I also doubt it will actually become outright shounen-ai at all.

Even if it did though, as long as it continues being this good, then whatever.

Nyerp

[spoiler]i think suou is a more likeable and relatable character than hei[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

if only she were a less terrible contractor

you don't have to be magic to be able to fire a giant anti-tank gun

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Nyerp

mirai nikki is finally over

shitty ending for a shitty show

3/10 :3

Nyerp

i just finished UN-GO and gave it a 7/10

it was a weird show...still good, but it seemed like it was two different premises mashed into one conflicted anime

and honestly it was WAAAAAAY too short for all the shit it tried to do and all the statements it tried to make

there was just some stuff that didn't fit in it at all, especially the EPIC ACTION GIANT MONSTERS OMG YOU GUYS scene in the last episode (which apparently no one in the city saw????)

also, a little warning: the first 2 episodes are pretty much the worst in the entire series. maybe it was just me, but they didn't grab me at all, and the ways the mysteries were "solved" was disappointing.

that's another thing; this is a mystery show where the detective can CHEAT. and this cheat is NOT really ever explained within the context of the setting. so...it might be kind of hard to look past that in order to enjoy the show.

however, the series doesn't go with the "there's a mystery -> inga uses magic cheat on the mystery -> it's super effective! -> the mystery fainted!" formula for its whole run and i'm SO GLAD at that

the art and animation are well above average, it is BONES after all, and the music has a nice flair to it, so there's that

a little nitpicking: in the 10th episode, they show you very distinct silhouette of who the real culprit is for the final arc...and that just left me thinking "WHY". why would they do this. let the goddamn mystery be a goddamn mystery, jesus. oh, and the killer's ultimate motive is tooooootal bullshit.

i'm not too sure about this score...a 6/10 seems way too harsh but this definitely isn't an 8/10 in my eyes...so, eh

Nyerp

lmao what the fuck is up with this blonde bitch's costume

Nyerp

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT

SERIOUSLY

WHO WRITES THIS SHIT

I'M PISSED

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 17, 2012, 03:50:52 PM
WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT

SERIOUSLY

WHO WRITES THIS SHIT

I'M PISSED

now you know why everyone is mad about there not being a third series - the ending is not even an ending. it deliberately sets itself up for another season, as [spoiler]the meeting of izanami and izanagi (shion) created that new being inside the gate

what happens after that? that new being is obviously there for a reason, and it's clearly a possible antagonist for the next series[/spoiler]

the ending also bothers me because i just didn't like the idea that suou felt so inconsequential if she was only [spoiler]a clone, and nothing she did really mattered and she was just reborn as a happy, clueless girl in another world[/spoiler]

:(

Nyerp

ON TOP OF THAT,

[spoiler]HOW THE FUCK DID SHION COPY THE ENTIRE GODDAMN EARTH AND SEND CLONES OF EVERYONE THERE HOLY SHIT

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO SUOU'S MOM? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT MAGICIAN GUY DOING IN THE GATE? WHAT THE FUCK WERE THOSE TWIN DOLLS DOING AT THE END? WHAT THE FUCK ARE MISAKI AND THOSE OTHER CUNTS DOING IN THEIR NEW SYNDICATE OR WHATEVER? I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT OREILLE BITCH'S INTENTIONS. WHAT THE FUCK WAS SHION'S "PLAN" I STILL LITERALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS? AND WHAT THE FUCK? DID HAZUKI DIE? HOW THE FUCK DID HEI STOP YIN? "DURR HE STUCK HIS HAND IN HER CHEST" NO, FUCK YOU. AND WHAT WAS MISAKI'S "WISH" AND WHAT DID SHE LOSE???? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS? EVER??????[/spoiler]

FUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS SHOW

IT DOESN'T DESERVE A THIRD SEASON IF THEY CANNOT FINISH A SIMPLE GODDAMN STORY CORRECTLY

Samus Aran

lmao

like i warned you ages ago, more questions than answers n_u

Nyerp

the moral of the story is that yin is an evil fucking cunt slut whore bitch

Nyerp

who knew that an OVA would be the best and most coherent thing to come out of the darker than black franchise?

[spoiler]it's because they knew exactly what they would have to write beforehand and thus wouldn't have to resort to convoluted messes like the first season's ending or straight up deus ex machina horseshit like in gemini

awdood;[/spoiler]

Go Up