October 03, 2024, 02:18:48 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

celebrate yourself

Started by hobbit, April 22, 2011, 07:19:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Quote from: Madoka☆ on May 06, 2011, 09:27:37 PM
well i graduated, that's pretty cool i guess

man, this the saddest thing i read today.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on May 06, 2011, 09:54:41 PM
man, this the saddest thing i read today.

how is it sad that i graduated? doodhuh;

Travis

Socks

Quote from: Madoka☆ on May 06, 2011, 10:08:49 PM
how is it sad that i graduated? doodhuh;

it's not the fact. no. never that.

but the way it was written and came across felt so... awful. like a kid on his birthday with balloons and fizz poppers in a glittery hat on a stool sitting gaily and smiling, excited as confetti flies and frowning as it comes down, looking around and sinking in that nobody came, and his party, his life, his entire being seems depressingly lame.

this thread is about celebration. and you didn't bring it. life is what you make it, but you gotta have passion, especially for 4 years of rape.

otherwise what's the point?

Samus Aran

The post was written in an underwhelming way on purpose. If I wanted to write some big, long-ass post about how awesome it is to finally have a degree, then I would have. But you gotta understand that part of the reason it's not that exciting just yet is that I'm not actually done with school - I'm going back immediately for another degree. Not to mention the whole day was just extremely tiring, so even if I wanted to write some big happy rant, I didn't really have the energy to. Not to mention that Boyah was broken last night and it was taking forever to load any threads or post anyway.

Besides, graduating is just graduating, and a degree, while helpful in life, is just a degree. What matters more to me is what I learned thus far in school, and the experience of college in general. Or at least, my version of the experience, which seems to have very little socializing whatsoever, but that's all right.

Don't get me wrong though - I feel great about graduating. But it doesn't compel me to write inspiring essays on Boyah.

Josh

Listened to most of Between the Buried and Me's discography instead of listening to one song halfway through and giving up. It's really brilliant stuff.

Go Up