October 05, 2024, 01:04:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Christian Introspection

Started by Boyager, November 02, 2010, 06:56:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boyager

Why do we sleep through Church, But stay awake through a 3 hour movie? Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly bebo bulletin, Yet we repost the nasty ones? Why are churches getting smaller, But bars and clubs are expanding? Why is it so easy to purchase beer and drugs? But so hard to donate 25 cents for a Charity? Why is it so easy to worship a Celebrity? But very difficult to engage with God?

Boyager

Boyager

god did it

it's all part of his master plan

how dare you question his power, blasphemer

Boyager

Because Church is repetitive, movies get (relatively) new plots, you can different experiences at different places, but church is very very repetitive

Boyager

Boyager

It's probably because people are always thinking about how they can better serve themselves and how they can get the most satisfaction for themselves rather than help out somebody else who really needs help. Of course that goes for everybody, a lot of religious people are like that too.

You know, "I won't give money to help people out because it won't be fun for me, and it will inconvenience me, and I might not be able to buy something I really want or go do something I really want to do"

That's the kind of attitude a lot of people have, or they just don't think about it or they just care.

Boyager

Because religion is boring and pointless.

Go Up