September 12, 2024, 03:52:03 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Your Recent Works

Started by Hiro, November 05, 2010, 04:55:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Quote from: XLR on November 05, 2010, 11:22:30 PM
yeah, the face could use work

doodthing;

you're lucky i'm bigger than that.

ikanaide

Quote from: Fandango on November 05, 2010, 08:25:16 PM
I haven't really done anything lately.
When the semester is over, I might do some actual recording (i.e. actually taking time to do something), but I dunno.

I did this a while ago, but it was just six minutes of dicking around.  
Seeing as noone actually commented on it, I wont feel bad about re-posting it.   O_0
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjWwJ-n6gc[/youtube]

Blah blah blah.

cjlubdoods;

Hiro

Quote from: Socks on November 06, 2010, 05:14:50 AM
doodthing;

What? I agree with him, I feel the face isn't as well done as it could be. It's not an insult, just a suggestion.

rdl

Quote from: Socks on November 06, 2010, 05:14:50 AM
doodthing;

i know drawing faces is a bitch, but it's true.

pft, artists and their self esteem...the greatest thing i was ever taught was that i sucked. at everything.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

How about everyone just kills the critique, because there's no point in pointing out minor flaws, and just remember what the topic of the thread is.

Carrots.

rdl

http://soundcloud.com/rdx-2/beat-stuffs
idk
it gets sloppy towards the middle. i never really finished this.

tell me how much it sucks.

don't let's

[spoiler=Batman][/spoiler]

rdl

i would actually like some cnc

spaceman

Quote from: Fandango on November 05, 2010, 08:25:16 PM
I haven't really done anything lately.
When the semester is over, I might do some actual recording (i.e. actually taking time to do something), but I dunno.

I did this a while ago, but it was just six minutes of dicking around.  
Seeing as noone actually commented on it, I wont feel bad about re-posting it.   O_0
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjWwJ-n6gc[/youtube]

Blah blah blah.

I fucking loved that

Hiro

Made a wallpaper-sized version of M83's Digital Shades Vol. 1:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

hocuspocus; hocuspocus; hocuspocus; hocuspocus; hocuspocus;

Socks

November 07, 2010, 07:34:25 AM #26 Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:53:09 AM by Socks
Quote from: XLR on November 06, 2010, 02:14:28 PM
i know drawing faces is a bitch, but it's true.

for me, it is in fact the easiest aspect of a gesture drawing. i find them a simple element, and observe such endlessly. in this case, you have no idea of scale, so do not rush to comment.

Quote from: XLR on November 06, 2010, 02:14:28 PM
pft, artists and their self esteem...the greatest thing i was ever taught was that i sucked. at everything.

you're going to strut on here and tell a creator what's missing in his creation? come on now. there is nothing that feels the pains of imperfection like the hand which cast them.

Hiro

Quote from: Socks on November 07, 2010, 07:34:25 AM
for me, it is in fact the easiest aspect of a gesture drawing. i find them a simple element, and observe such endlessly. in this case, you have no idea of scale, so do not rush to comment.

you're going to strut on here and tell a creator what's missing in his creation? come on now. there is nothing that feels the pains of imperfection like the hand which cast them.
Good lord Socks calm down, he was just trying to give constructive criticism, and you're acting like he's offended your sensibilities as an artist. It's a known fact that faces can be hard to draw, and he felt you could have improved on the face in that picture, that's all.

Classic

stop fighting or i'll post my crappy art  akudood;

rdl

socks i gave you the chance to tear me apart, go ahead.

as an artist you need to open yourself up to criticism. even if someone were to be like "that's a piece of shit", you should be able to take that.

Go Up