October 01, 2024, 03:30:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Started by Nyerp, October 30, 2010, 02:06:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

did they ever give a reason as to why you can't play as diddy in single player

Lotos

Quote from: Yin on October 30, 2010, 06:25:31 PM
Kremlins are definitely owned by Nintendo. They've appeared in shitty Mario sports games many times now.

They've also appeared in the King of Swing and Bongo games.

As for me, I dislike the lack of classic controller and there is too much waggle, but hey, it's a DK game.  I got it first day.

cookieboy17

I just got this game for the free shirt promotion or else I would've never gotten it. But now that I've gotten it this game is way better than I thought it'd be. I love the level designs to the point where every level is not repetitive of another (except the whole level 4 being dedicated to mine carting). I've only played co-op with my sister and the co-op is really fun even though she dies a lot. And the boss levels aren't exactly a pushover and aren't anything repetitive.

Overall after getting midway through level 7 this might be my favorite Wii game. This game is at least better than New Super Mario Bros Wii to me, and I liked that game too. Maybe this isn't the DKC of the 90's by any means and people are gonna downgrade the game cause there's no Kremlings or Animal Buddies that isn't Rambi, and whatever else but I think this game easily gives the others a run for their money.

Jared

This game makes me swoon. For real.

But my Wii broke while I was playing it, so FUCK YOU DKCR!

cookieboy17

Quote from: Jared on December 14, 2010, 05:13:44 PM
But my Wii broke while I was playing it, so FUCK YOU DKCR!

Don't blame the game.

AegisReflector

Being a die hard DKC fanboy, yes, I will nitpick at shit.  bassir;

No Kremlings? No Animal Buddies? Poor remixes of past songs? Cutscenes that were mega gayfests?

Although I will say that DKCR is my favorite Wii game of all time so far. It's gameplay, variety, and beautiful scenery designs are just kickass.

Nyerp

Dullahan

K, so I completed the first four worlds and aside from the time runs, I have completed every level 100% in finding the puzzel pieces and KONG letters and have only had to use Squawks once.

But fuck, world 4 is all fucking racing levels. Jesus fuck nigger

Samus Aran

i've been playing this on co-op with a friend

fucking rules

Nyerp

Nyerp

Dullahan

Okay, world 7 is probably the best world in my opinion. Another silhouette level, the switcheroo level was cool (except for that one annoying puzzle piece), and the musical level was just plain awesome. I also loved how you had to find those plugs (or whatever the fuck they are) in the last 3 levels in order to progress to the boss. And they weren't overwhelmingly hard to find, but they weren't in your face when you had to find them. It just gives the world more character, and I found it interesting. And the boss was fun, although easy.

There was another rocket barrel level, but it was one of the better racing levels I've played. I still have to complete the secret stage of world 7, along with its temple level.

I still haven't started on world 8 yet. So it could make me change my mind on my favourite world.

Geno

Quote from: Tyler on November 27, 2010, 10:26:03 PM
I rented it.

It's cool. I hate the monkeys so I'm not buying it.
But it's cool.
SEE WE TOLD YOU
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

as frustrating sometimes as co-op can be, i think this game is way more fun in that mode, especially with someone who's experienced in DKC games

my friend and i have co-oped this game, dkc1, and dkc2 over this christmas break...done with the latter two already

Nyerp

my brother decided to be an asswipe and ignore the kong letters and puzzle pieces because it's "bad game design"

fuck him, i'm playing the rest of this game alone

Go Up