October 01, 2024, 03:28:17 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Marvel VS. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Volvagia, October 08, 2010, 05:35:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

So I want to actually become decent at this game.

Any sites that have combos and shit for characters that I can check out? akudood;

Volvagia

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on February 26, 2011, 04:35:31 AM
So I want to actually become decent at this game.

Any sites that have combos and shit for characters that I can check out? akudood;

Check shoryuken.com's guide for bread and butter combos and basic uses of assists. There's a guide coming out that's written by a MVC2 pro also, you might wanna pick that up, it's probably like $10.

Also watch this video, it's really really good and explains a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSSvTkyCLz0

Quote from: Hsien Ko on February 25, 2011, 06:16:40 PM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/27076341/DLC_Polls_Round_2

Most of these characters just seem pointless to me. The only ones that really "Earn" a place to me are the one's that have already proved themselves to be a good character in the previous enstatements of the Versus series.

Jin is so fucking original it's unreal.

Captain Commando is a beast, and was, the capcom mascot, I'm still surprised he isn't in this game.

Venom should have been in it from day 1, regardless of what crying fanboy's say, he's played very very differently to spider-man and is in no way a clone.

Frank West is by far the most fun character to play as in Tasanoko vs. Capcom, his moveset already exists on the disc along with some data. He isn't playable like Jill as the game crashes when you try to run him - but the data is lacking a level 3 hyper, a backdash and a 3rd assist. Other than that he's done.

Gambit is also an amazing character in MVC1 and was fucked over by momentum he was given in MVC2 in comparison to MVC1. He's viable, and could potentially have amazing asissts.

I voted for those characters, but if I could only pick 2... Gambit and Frank. Frank's already done and Gambit is just generally more fun than Venom.

Placebo Headwound

Thanks Volv, that video was actually quite helpful. akudood;

Samus Aran

i've watched shoryuken's videos for basics on basically all of my favorite characters many times

Commander Fuckass

Lol Gamestop reviewers  giggle;
Quoteyou are not a hard, hard, hardcore Marvel vs. Capcom fan you will lose, lose, lose, lose, lose, lose and then when your done losing matches you will lose some more. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM SERIES!. I wish there was an option "This game is Perfect for" "Nobody" I should have just done myself and my sanity a favor and just burnt my 60 dollars. I bought this game wanting to try something different so i thought to myself Marvel vs. Capcom looks sweet lets give it a try (FAIL). This game is truly mind boggling. First, is the arcade mode there is no story period end of story. You fight 5 matches then after that you fight gigantotron on the moon. Lame! Second, is the online you only get to play about 30% of the time. You go to join a ranked match "failed to join session" so you try again "failed to join session" again "failed to join session", man what a blast Third, is the missions, what a joke. You are required to complete the missions with normal controls, and if you are new to the series you cannot get past the third mission. Unless you are hard core special edition joy stick i have played all the other games and play this game all day long. Forth, their are zero tutorials for new players. So lets look in the instruction manuel to try to figure out how to become a better play (FAIL AGAIN). Alright lets go on line for some helpful tips, combo combinations (FAIL AGAIN AGAIN) If you are new to the series it will give you new understanding to the phrase "...getting thrown to the wolves". Fifth, when you play ranked matches you ask the server to pair you with people of similar rank, rookie, beginner,.etc. So after 5 minutes of waiting and countless "failed to join session" messages you get to finally play. Well, well, well low and behold "the rookie" (You) gets paired with "2nd Lord beat you down and not land one punch, kick, combo, or special attack against me" (Your Opponent). ????? So you just wasted about 10 minutes trying to find a game just to get destroyed. But when you do get into a match with someone of similar rank, they will use the most underhanded tactics to win i.e. just sit in the corner of the screen and shoot sword, lasers,.etc at you until you lose. This game is so terrible i cannot believe you eyes did not explode or my head fall off. Lastly, if you are new to the Marvel Vs. Capcom series you will lose, lose, lose, lose waste 60 dollars, lose, lose, lose and then after you have lost countless times you will lose some more. Enjoy!

Quotef anyone is looking for a game with incredible cheapness, look no further. Just like everyone else who played the first two games, I too was looking forward to it but now I regret it. The major flaw of this game is how ridiculous the amount of damage you take if you get hit with a team aerial combo. If you get caught in a team aerial combo, you'll lose HALF a life bar. You can't even block team aerials once they start and the only way to break free is to guess which direction your opponent is pushing to switch out for the next teammate to come in and press that direction+ the X button. So there's a 75% chance you'll guess wrong and lose half a life bar. This is spammed online, making online play not even worth it. Dark Phoenix is GREATLY overpowered, especially with x factor activated. Glad I purchased preowned and still have the receipt.

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

apparently reviewer #2 failed to notice that characters heal red health when you switch them out

Commander Fuckass

Nyerp

Quote from: Hsien Ko on March 01, 2011, 07:40:19 AM
apparently reviewer #2 failed to notice that characters heal red health when you switch them out

...and now i know n_u

Samus Aran

Nyerp

Samus Aran

yeah i don't know where i learned that actually

might have been in one of the shoryuken videos for basics

Commander Fuckass

Samus Aran

Commander Fuckass

Go Up