October 01, 2024, 03:44:25 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

3DS RELEASE DATE AND PRICE

Started by Hiro, September 28, 2010, 06:23:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: IKANAIDE on September 29, 2010, 11:59:51 AM
If 35000?!! That's 10000 more! I wouldn't buy in release~
What about 30000yen?

YPrrrr

Is 250 really that big of a difference from 300? I think ME##'s prediction was pretty realistic

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on September 29, 2010, 12:05:09 PM
Is 250 really that big of a difference from 300? I think ME##'s prediction was pretty realistic
50 is quite a difference actually. Not huge, but it makes a good bit of difference to me.
300 for a DS is too expensive for American moms, while 250 is pushing it.

ME##

Quote from: YPR on September 29, 2010, 12:05:09 PM

Seriously. 

At the very least it'll be $280 at launch.  Oh, and I wouldn't expect anything in the box except for the console and a charger.

Daddy

>mfw "It will be released in Japan on February 26th, 2011 for 25,000 yen ($299 USD). "

ikanaide

Quote from: Hïro on September 29, 2010, 12:04:13 PM
What about 30000yen?

I would think about purchase, but being honest I can get a nice guitar with the money instead ^_^ But if I have 25000 yen just laying around (haha) then I would... I mean 5000 yen makes a lot of different.

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 29, 2010, 11:50:16 AM
IF YOU BUY ME THAT MONSTA HUNTA PSP I WILL LOVE YOU.

Somebody jealous I see, haha ^_^

Hiro

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 29, 2010, 12:08:56 PM
Seriously. 

At the very least it'll be $280 at launch.  Oh, and I wouldn't expect anything in the box except for the console and a charger.
Like I said, the prices never translate that close.
Also that's what it would usually come with, is that a bad thing? They already said it comes with a few little games built-in.
Also they keep showing that docking station. It probably won't come with it, but they sure like to show it.

Hiro

Quote from: IKANAIDE on September 29, 2010, 12:10:26 PM
I would think about purchase, but being honest I can get a nice guitar with the money instead ^_^
Wow, guitars are pretty cheap in Japan!

Daddy

I'm pretty sure Me86 just demonstrated that 'prices never translate that close' usually means a higher price in terms of USD.

Hiro

Quote from: Khadafi on September 29, 2010, 12:13:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Me86 just demonstrated that 'prices never translate that close' usually means a higher price in terms of USD.

Not recently, now that the yen has been growing stronger. The DSi was cheaper in the US.
We can argue about this for days but the fact is we won't know until they tell us.

ME##

Quote from: IKANAIDE on September 29, 2010, 12:10:26 PM
Somebody jealous I see, haha ^_^

I am jealous indeed.  saddood;
Quote from: Hïro on September 29, 2010, 12:12:06 PM
Like I said, the prices never translate that close.

They're not going to charge that much less than it is in Japan.  You do realise this yes?

Yes, hur, the DSi is cheaper here than it is there, but the DS is a six-year-old system and it's just pure profit for them.  In Japan, all that has to be done to increase DS sales is release a new colour and everybody goes out to buy a new one.  That really is not the case in the US.

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on September 29, 2010, 12:15:21 PM
Not recently, now that the yen has been growing stronger. The DSi was cheaper in the US.
We can argue about this for days but the fact is we won't know until they tell us.
you had no problem arguing when me86 quoted 299.99 before the price announcement and saying he wasn't being realistic but pessimistic.

Hiro

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 29, 2010, 12:16:16 PM
They're not going to charge that much less than it is in Japan.  You do realise this yes?

Yes, hur, the DSi is cheaper here than it is there, but the DS is a six-year-old system and it's just pure profit for them.  In Japan, all that has to be done to increase DS sales is release a new colour and everybody goes out to buy a new fuck.  That really is not the case in the US.
You yourself just said that in Japan they're more willing to buy them  akudood;

We'll see.

ME##

Quote from: Hïro on September 29, 2010, 12:19:51 PM
You yourself just said that in Japan they're more willing to buy them  akudood;

We'll see.

There's a difference though.  At both ~$220 and $170 they're making money on the DSi, the price difference has little matter there.  But for a brand new system with a harder to produce screen, they're not going to price it that much differently in the US and Japan.

Daddy

Nintendo never sells consoles at loss.  Me86's point was that the DS is a six year old system thus Nintendo can still largely profit on selling the DSi slightly cheaper here.

they've already long ago broken even on research costs and whatnot. 
i really think you are not considering the cost or time it takes to develop a new console hiro

it would explain why you dont see me86's point or what i was saying about the 3ds being announced so soon after the launch of the dsi.

Go Up