September 12, 2024, 03:37:01 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what r ur fav. bands of the week????

Started by ??????, August 20, 2010, 03:47:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Placebo Headwound

According to Last.FM, top two for the week are Of Montreal and The Tallest Man On Earth.

snorkel

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on August 21, 2010, 09:32:45 AM
Love soft machine. Which album are you on?

I've listened through Volume 2, Third and Fourth and they were great. Are there any others I really need?

Cookie

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I've been listening to the Elephant Stone for the past bit now. They opened for brian jonestown back in may when I saw them in Milwaukee. I forgot to look them up right after.

They're kind of cool, incorporating the sitar as a primary drive in a lot of their music. At least in their live set they did. Their studio stuff lacks the fucking ferocious shredding and jam feel, but it's still a solid and really comfortable album with very similar hooks in melody that BJM has in spades. They're growing on me heavily.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnEVZUeksY&a=4oVf-d_DwKDeKJelTo4rvix1r_PvSob7&playnext=1[/youtube]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: ZIDONE on August 21, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
I've listened through Volume 2, Third and Fourth and they were great. Are there any others I really need?

I think as long as you've got third and fourth covered, you're good to go, but there's always room for exploration.  Just keep going up, I think. I haven't heard seventh yet, but I've listened through six.

spaceman

Go Up