September 25, 2024, 05:39:25 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MacBook Pro to Vizio Television Audio Help

Started by NOA_Haunted, June 15, 2010, 10:49:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I just bought a MacBook Pro and got all of the cables needed to use my Vizio television as a monitor (Mini-display to VGA, VGA to VGA), and I also bought a headphone jack to RCA (red/white) for audio. But When I plug the headphone jack to RCA into my MacBook the sound doesn't come from either my MacBook nor my television. I have no idea what to do about this. So can anyone help me?

NOA_Haunted

LCK

NOA_Haunted

Cookie

Just have the audio come out of your laptop, while you use the TV as a display.

?????

June 16, 2010, 10:38:32 PM #5 Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:46:12 PM by TheSequel
Maybe you have to buy something that Apple sells. I'm not sure.

So you have:
Mini-Display(DVI?)-VGA
VGA-VGA
headphone-RCA

Maybe the sound is on a different input/source. Try changing your source/input and see if you get sound. Play a song or something on your macbook and see if you can hear it/

I'm doing something similar to you but instead of RCA thingers for audio I use another 3.5mm connector (headphone) and plug that into my TV.

btw are you using this http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB572Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MTA4NjQ0NDc
Die for Dethklok

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: TheSequel on June 16, 2010, 10:38:32 PM
Maybe you have to buy something that Apple sells. I'm not sure.

So you have:
Mini-Display(DVI?)-VGA
VGA-VGA
headphone-RCA

Maybe the sound is on a different input/source. Try changing your source/input and see if you get sound. Play a song or something on your macbook and see if you can hear it/

I'm doing something similar to you but instead of RCA thingers for audio I use another 3.5mm connector (headphone) and plug that into my TV.

btw are you using this http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB572Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MTA4NjQ0NDc

Yeah, I am using that cord to get the video through my television.

?????

So did you find the audio on another source/input?
Die for Dethklok

Go Up