September 12, 2024, 03:42:19 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yo I have a $25 barns and noble gift card

Started by strongbad, June 12, 2010, 06:19:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

spaceman

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

Selkie

If you want a REALLY simple, but entertaining book,

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - Tucker Max. It's hilarious

Also, as JMV mentioned, Dawkins. I've been meaning to pick up The God Delusion. I heard it is good.

American Psych by Bret Easton Ellis is one of my favorite books. It's pretty much incredible.

strongbad

Yeah I was planning on picking up I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. I think I'm also going to get Less Than Zero, which is the prequel to the book snorkel suggested.

spaceman

Quote from: Selkie on June 29, 2010, 08:05:12 AM
If you want a REALLY simple, but entertaining book,

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell - Tucker Max. It's hilarious

Also, as JMV mentioned, Dawkins. I've been meaning to pick up The God Delusion. I heard it is good.

American Psych by Bret Easton Ellis is one of my favorite books. It's pretty much incredible.

Dawkins has better books.

The Selfish Gene will change the way you think about life.

strongbad

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell is fucking awesome baddood;

spaceman

Quote from: Strongbab on June 29, 2010, 09:18:36 PM
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell is fucking awesome baddood;

Quote from: fluxus on June 28, 2010, 09:17:59 PM
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

Superior.

snorkel

Quote from: Strongbab on June 29, 2010, 10:20:41 AM
Yeah I was planning on picking up I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. I think I'm also going to get Less Than Zero, which is the prequel to the book snorkel suggested.

Just start with Rules of Attraction, it's basically Less Than Zero with a lot more going on (and different but similar setting). All his books are breezy reads though (Imperial Bedrooms which came out this month, despite the nice cover, isn't really worth reading)

me003

I just had a barnes and nobles giftcard for like a full year until earlier this August when I stopped in a store looked at the marvel and dc books that they had, and ended up walking out with Hot tub time machine and I still have it to this day.
                                                                                                                                           bassir;
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

famy

Quote from: wziard on June 30, 2010, 12:46:53 AM
Just start with Rules of Attraction, it's basically Less Than Zero with a lot more going on (and different but similar setting). All his books are breezy reads though (Imperial Bedrooms which came out this month, despite the nice cover, isn't really worth reading)
why are these books names of songs by elvis costello this angers me

burzumfan420

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Not Famy on September 07, 2010, 08:35:30 AM
why are these books names of songs by elvis costello this angers me

You obviously haven't read any Eliis then.

famy

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Not Famy on September 09, 2010, 05:20:13 PM
obviously not, i am illiterate

No, I wasn't implying anything like that. Ellis often refers to elvis in several of his books and it's sort of a running theme to name his books after such.  bassir;

Go Up