September 24, 2024, 02:33:41 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do you grow a personal library?

Started by snorkel, June 11, 2010, 09:47:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

of books (physical ones)?

no
4 (28.6%)
small book collection
3 (21.4%)
several books
2 (14.3%)
many books
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Go Down

snorkel

I've always hated renting/borrwing books and have consequently purchased nearly every novel I've read in the past few years. I've never counted them but there's a floor-to-ceiling shelf's worth

I've always wanted to arrange them by hue because it would look cool, but presently have a genre/time period continuum

Andria

I never borrow books ever. So yea I have a crapload a lot of which were from school readings. I have a fair share of books i just felt like reading so I bought.

Now I have a nook too so I can have a bunch of ebooks and save some room.

Socks

June 11, 2010, 09:56:57 PM #2 Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:00:09 PM by Socks
absolutely. initially, book collecting was an unintentional byproduct of the formal education process. however, along the way i grew more and more fond of literature and desired volumes of my own. i have since purchased and lifted quite a number of covers (over 100) for largely personal reasons. i do not intend to stop this trend anytime soon. in fact, in any future dwelling of my own, a library will be one of the crown jewels.

Thyme

I'll probably end up doing what Socks does.

In its current state it's pretty small though.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

rdl

I have a box full of Redwalls somewhere

burzumfan420

id like to read more, but I dont. i own about 4 books. it be nice to have a library though.

FAMY2

I have tons of books. Everything from World War II to gardening. 

LCK

I honestly don't read very often, but I'm more than fine with borrowing books from a library or a friend.  Although, nothings nicer than a large physical library full of literature. The thought of a digital library of books disgusts me. Just the thought of digital "books" disgusts me.

Nyerp

who reads books

who reads at all?

who's reading this?????

Go Up