September 27, 2024, 09:24:55 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What I'd name my kids:

Started by Sam, May 23, 2010, 01:27:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

BECAUSE THEY ARE HER CHILDREN AND NOT HUMAN BEINGS SO SHE CAN NAME THEM ANYTHING AND NOT GIVE A FUCK.

sam just get a cat and name it stupid shit. akudood;

Socks

don't sweat it, everyone knows the MAN has the final say.   THE POWER OF GOD

LCK

Quote from: Socks on May 23, 2010, 06:59:49 PM
don't sweat it, everyone knows the MAN has the final say.   THE POWER OF GOD
you say that as if the woman has any say at all

sans culottes

Son: Stockon, Isaac, Eugene, Benjamin
Daughter: Lena, Victoria

I like a lot of names, those are just a few. I might give my kids really obscure middle names.
I support BUSH

Sam

Quote from: Khadafi on May 23, 2010, 06:57:36 PM
BECAUSE THEY ARE HER CHILDREN AND NOT HUMAN BEINGS SO SHE CAN NAME THEM ANYTHING AND NOT GIVE A FUCK.

sam just get a cat and name it stupid shit. akudood;

Jesus, calm the fuck down. I already said I'm probably not having children. It's more likely that it'll be the name of a character in something I write.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

LCK

Quote from: Sam on May 23, 2010, 07:40:25 PM
I already said I'm probably not having children.
that's what they all say

Daddy

Jesus, calm the fuck down. I already said I'm probably not having children. It's more likely that it'll be the name of a character in something I write.
no children?

i hope you die

i hope we both die

snorkel

all we're saying is 'Visceral' is a fucking nonsensical thing to name a child

YPrrrr

Female: Sophie, it is the best name ever

Male: I'm pretty indifferent and could choose any number of names but right now I like Graham.

Sam

Quote from: wziard on May 23, 2010, 08:21:22 PM
all we're saying is 'Visceral' is a fucking nonsensical thing to name a child

Yeah, but you all take it like it's your child. I happen to think it's a beautiful word with a beautiful definition (unfortunately it has multiple definitions, and the one I'm referring to is probably derived from the not-so-lovely ones, but that's okay). I don't think a child would be mocked for that name aside from "What kind of name is that?" (which even I get, having "Sam" on my nametag). The majority of people won't think it means everything and will just consider it to be an exotic name, especially kids in elementary/middle school.

And if she grows up to not like it, then she's welcome to change it or use her middle name.

Daddy

visceral |ˈvis(ə)rəl|
adjective
of or relating to the viscera

viscera |ˈvisərə|
plural noun ( sing. viscus |ˈviskəs|)
the internal organs in the main cavities of the body, esp. those in the abdomen, e.g., the intestines.

so beautiful.

even if you use the definition relating to emotion, you should realize that the word has a negative connotation.  doodhuh;

apparently you don't know how mean children can be and somehow think because you like a name another human should suffer for it. akudood;

if you like the name so much, change your own name to it. give the child a normal name. at the most, just give them that as a nickname. I'm sure employers would love to hire miss intestines

YPrrrr

I call sam samantha regularly enough for her to realize how cruel children can be

Daddy

this is what happens when you listen to lady gaga akudood;

you name your kids after this
[spoiler][/spoiler]

so uniKe

also sam gets an a+ for generating activity

Sam

Quote from: Khadafi on May 23, 2010, 09:06:15 PM
this is what happens when you listen to lady gaga akudood;

you name your kids after this

so uniKe

also sam gets an a+ for generating activity

Visceral also means instinctive, crude, etc. according to the dictionary:

characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.
characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

This is the first way I've ever heard the word used, and I probably didn't learn the other meaning until at least a year later.

Daddy

lacking intellect and crude are a great thing to name children sam

Go Up