October 07, 2024, 07:57:35 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Textin'

Started by strongbad, April 08, 2010, 10:50:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

How many texts (incoming and outgoing) do you average per month?

0 (nobody usually texts me)
1 (3.7%)
1-99
3 (11.1%)
100-499
7 (25.9%)
500-999
1 (3.7%)
1000-1999
2 (7.4%)
2000-2999
3 (11.1%)
3000-3999
2 (7.4%)
4000+
4 (14.8%)
0 (I don't have a phone or texting )
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Go Down

Dullahan

It really changes every month for me.

Travis

April 09, 2010, 12:50:19 PM #16 Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:08:14 PM by Travis
i usually only text and get texts if my friends are setting up plans or they remind me or i remind them of some shit or stuff like that. i have 72 in my inbox and 60 in my sentbox since march 23

Zach

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on April 09, 2010, 08:39:15 AM
Good hell.

If I'm setting up a meeting place or something, I'll throw one out there, but if someone tries initiating a conversation through it I either just call them or ignore it. I hate getting those little quips. Plus, you cant gauge emotion or anything and when that's coupled with the terrible grammar, it seriously makes you wonder about the state of mind of the sender.

I prefer talking.

Exactly. I hate having conversations over text. I use it mainly for short interactions with people or to let them know if I'm at a designated meeting place or am headed that way. People don't understand why I ask them if we can meet in person if they want to have an important conversation, but it's because I prefer human interaction where I can gauge the emotions and motives of others.

Kalahari Inkantation

top vote lol baddood;

i have a phone sort of but i never ever use it myface;

Sam

I'm not sure, but I'd say it's a 3-5 hundred a day, so I just went with 4000+
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on April 09, 2010, 08:39:15 AM
Good hell.

If I'm setting up a meeting place or something, I'll throw one out there, but if someone tries initiating a conversation through it I either just call them or ignore it. I hate getting those little quips. Plus, you cant gauge emotion or anything and when that's coupled with the terrible grammar, it seriously makes you wonder about the state of mind of the sender.

I prefer talking.
Fucking seriously.

People, it is less effort to pick up the phone and call someone if you need to have a real conversation. You can get it done in less than half the time. Texting is meant for and is best used when relaying short pieces of information.

THE SPECIES IS GOING DOWNHILL
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Travis

i like texting better than talking on the phone. talking on the phone just... sucks

Samus Aran

Quote from: Travis on April 09, 2010, 04:55:10 PM
i like texting better than talking on the phone. talking on the phone just... sucks

why

are you a robot

Travis

Quote from: Lain on April 09, 2010, 05:16:43 PM
why

are you a robot
no, i just hate talking on the phone  doodhuh;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Travis on April 09, 2010, 04:55:10 PM
i don't like either myface;

Travis

Quote from: Ted on April 09, 2010, 05:19:17 PM
i don't like either myface;
why? how is texting any different from what you're doing now

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Travis on April 09, 2010, 05:20:39 PM
why? how is texting any different from what you're doing now
it's cumbersome and uncomfortable and i don't like feeling as though i'm tethered to the phone or any electronic device both inside and outside of my own home

of course, no one has ever actually sent me enough messages for me to actually feel that way, but the potential is there and it terrifies me myface;

strongbad

Quote from: Lain on April 09, 2010, 05:16:43 PM
why

are you a robot

It's great for casual conversations throughout the day, and talking on the phone with some people can be really awkward. This is why I text at least.

Sam

I hate talking on the phone pretty much more than anything.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Geno

Who wants to text me? yes;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up