October 07, 2024, 03:23:00 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Insight and air traffic

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, April 07, 2010, 08:14:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

You get those days where things just crumble. You know the feeling right? You dig?

Iâ,,,ve been characteristically out of touch and out of sorts, pushing this way and pulling the other. No luck.  Just a rewind back to the same frame of mind.
Itâ,,,s what happens when everything comes together wrong and itâ,,,s a little too late to fix a few things.

No worries though.

But anyhow, Iâ,,,m on my way home from class this morning and Iâ,,,m twisting the dial on the radio this way and that way and the other way and the other other way when I decide to just siphon some music out of my ipod instead. I clicked on shuffle and let things flow, rooting for a funk dissolving epic but instead was greeted with some sneezy king missile track instead. It was â,"Iâ,,,m sorryâ, a stupidly entertaining spoken piece where the singer spends the first half of the song detailing things he has never done which includes never buying a lamp or giving a horsefly mouth to mouth resuscitation. It evolves in the usual king missile fashion (think detachable penis) and turns into something else entirely, but I liked the idea. Well, the idea of realizing youâ,,,re doing something novel everyday. You know, like â,"this is the first time Iâ,,,ve driven down this street at this time with this song on while thinking about that this is the first time Iâ,,,ve driven down the street at this time with this song on.â,
So I got the idea to keep a daily log of new experiences, things Iâ,,,ve never really done before even though I probably have.

What ever floats your

boat.

Cookie

Yeah I've been keeping a journal almost every day for the past three years writing down what I've done and it's awesome. You should do a dream journal also.

rdl

i sort of do that. i don't keep a log but i do take note of how pretty much every otherwise mundane task i do in my daily life is actually fairly unique and memorable. i dont think you should keep track of it though, because thoughts like that are the kind you look back on two days later and think "why do i care" and then it means nothing to you.

just like. live in the moment. bro.

Go Up