October 10, 2024, 04:28:38 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

am I retarded or would this work

Started by snorkel, December 05, 2009, 06:02:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

I'm pretty sure it would.

Most of my photography ends up printing clearly at a maximum size of 11x14, which is about half as big as the original RAWs, but the originals aren't perfectly crisp so they need to be compressed a bit. I also have countless 5x7 and 8x10 35mm prints that would should be enlarged.

This troubles me, because large prints (13x19 and up) are much more impressive.

So couldn't I print a nice, sharp smallish version, scan it with a nice scanner (high dpi), resize the dpi for printing again, and end up with much larger images?

the shortest route to the sea

Then max dpi of the scanner = max dpi of the photo. It would...work, I guess, but good luck finding a scanner good enough for what you desire.

Or even a printing resolution for the photo in the first place.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

snorkel

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on December 05, 2009, 06:03:27 AM
Then max dpi of the scanner = max dpi of the photo. It would...work, I guess, but good luck finding a scanner good enough for what you desire.

Or even a printing resolution for the photo in the first place.

well my shitty free-with-Macs printer/scanner combo scans at 600, and 300 makes clear prints, so I'm guessing most nice scanners could do it.

like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-CanoScan-Color-Scanner-3297B002/dp/B001R4BTI0/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I8JNYFRU4YBBY&colid=3JPWTNOZ2TV83

Tomboh

shouldnt a topic about photography go on the photos board

Go Up