October 17, 2024, 12:23:49 AM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

This is strange

Started by ?????, November 27, 2009, 10:22:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Well, I lost my child-like excitement for Christmas about four years ago, I think, when I was a sophomore in high school. And from then on Christmas was pretty unimportant, and I felt nothing for it.

But this year, I seem to be getting some of the excitement back again. Maybe because I am matured and realize that I like it for different reasons now. It's no longer the gifts, but the joyful atmosphere and seeing family and stuff

Hiro

Quote from: Selkie on November 28, 2009, 02:39:51 AM
Well, I lost my child-like excitement for Christmas about four years ago, I think, when I was a sophomore in high school. And from then on Christmas was pretty unimportant, and I felt nothing for it.

But this year, I seem to be getting some of the excitement back again. Maybe because I am matured and realize that I like it for different reasons now. It's no longer the gifts, but the joyful atmosphere and seeing family and stuff
I somewhat agree with this, except I have always somehow managed to get excited on Christmas Eve night and in the morning.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Hïro on November 28, 2009, 03:49:30 AM
I somewhat agree with this, except I have always somehow managed to get excited on Christmas Eve night and in the morning.

It seems like you're not as jaded as the rest of us?

I mean, Christmas has a tiny bit of a spark left for me, and that's all I expect from it.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Skylark

i love christmas time and always enjoy it a lot.
the book of right on

Go Up