August 20, 2024, 10:07:04 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Craving.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, November 28, 2009, 05:42:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Alright.
It's two in the morning on a weekend night and I just got home to an empty apartment as I'm quickly sinking back into sobriety.

I need some smoky mountain folk. Faux folk maybe.
I need something  that sounds like the last two minutes of ragged wood by the fleet foxes.
I mean, something that has echo-ey and ambient with some reflective twangs and some nice delay on the vocals so it sounds like the singer's in an acoustically perfect forest or freeway tunnel.
Something that bleeds the essence of summer walks by a small lake surrounded by evergreen trees at dusk with a crescent moon topping the treeline.
Something that smells like distant smoking brushwood.
Something you'd put on in the background around a fire while camping. Something that compliments soft conversation.
You know what I mean, right?
Right?
I'm having severe pangs and we only had our first few mildly cold days here in wisconsinland.
I should feel better once the snow comes down and the season kind of settles in, but it's going to take some sharp prodding and poking to adjust.
Bah.

Regardless, some suggestions would be deliciously wonderful. Thank you.

Hiro

I always think the singer of Fleet Foxes sounds like Jim James of My Morning Jacket, so you could try that. They're not as folky though.

the shortest route to the sea

I have no idea what those last 2 minutes sound like, but give Great Lake Swimmers a shot. Radicalface isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's certainly atmospheric folk.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Oh, Vetiver is also a good choice.

Houdini

I would recommend Meshuggah.

Skylark

the book of right on

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 29, 2009, 12:42:41 AM
I have no idea what those last 2 minutes sound like, but give Great Lake Swimmers a shot. Radicalface isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's certainly atmospheric folk.

I've been listening to gls for a while now, silly. I've even seen them live.
But thanks.
Quote from: Skylark on November 29, 2009, 02:39:49 AM
this!

Recommended albums?
Quote from: Hïro on November 28, 2009, 05:53:23 PM
I always think the singer of Fleet Foxes sounds like Jim James of My Morning Jacket, so you could try that. They're not as folky though.

I have "at dawn" and we listened to that a lot a few summers ago. I think I have another one by them (tennessee something maybe? I forget) that I enjoyed for a bit.

Hiro

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 29, 2009, 03:09:36 AM
Recommended albums?
I'd go with Thing of the Past

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 29, 2009, 03:09:36 AM
I have "at dawn" and we listened to that a lot a few summers ago. I think I have another one by them (tennessee something maybe? I forget) that I enjoyed for a bit.
GET MORE
Z is great, but I also like Evil Urges. Any of them would be a good choice.

Go Up