June 06, 2024, 02:59:35 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Most memoriable/enjoyable experience with videogames

Started by strongbad, October 21, 2009, 05:36:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

For some reason one memory that really sticks out to me is when I finally beat Croco (the first time, lol) on Super Mario RPG. I was a little kid, it was my first RPG, I really had no idea what I was doing. I had died many times by then trying to fight him. But one night I was at my friend Eric's house, and we were playing various video games and eventually I turned SMRPG on and attempted to beat Croco while he watched. Well, I beat him, and it was glorious.

Wrench

Playing James Bond: The World is Not Enough on the N64 with all my friends. We used to play for hours.

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on October 24, 2009, 02:33:24 PM
For some reason one memory that really sticks out to me is when I finally beat Croco (the first time, lol) on Super Mario RPG. I was a little kid, it was my first RPG, I really had no idea what I was doing. I had died many times by then trying to fight him. But one night I was at my friend Eric's house, and we were playing various video games and eventually I turned SMRPG on and attempted to beat Croco while he watched. Well, I beat him, and it was glorious.
THIS OH MY GOD
I THOUGHT CROCO WAS THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Claquesous

One day, late October 2003 I guess, I was carving a pumpkin. Kept the seeds and roasted them. Then I started playing Metroid Prime while eating. The pirate base in Phendrana, right at the Super Missile. That observatory room. My window was open, a cool breeze was flowing in. The combination of my first Prime playthrough with the gentle breeze and pumpkin seeds was orgasmic. I try to recreate every year, and it brings back some of the nostalgia, but it's nowhere near the first time.

Another time I was at my friends house. Me, him, two other friends. Played Melee for hours. We played a team match with 99 stock. About halfway through, we paused to take a break and eat some pizza. Then resumed. Also played Halo 2. I whored the energy sword because that's the only way I could get kills, and only about five at that. Playing with friends is always great. Too bad splitscreen multiplayer is phasing out.

Wrench

Quote from: GENOP on October 25, 2009, 04:50:42 AM
THIS OH MY GOD
I THOUGHT CROCO WAS THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD

I stopped playing since I can't beat the sword.

strongbad

Quote from: Claquesous on October 25, 2009, 06:15:31 AM
Too bad splitscreen multiplayer is phasing out.

Agreed. Online multiplayer is no where near as enjoyable as having the people sitting next to you.

StarPilot

Quote from: GUOB on October 25, 2009, 08:29:12 AM
Agreed. Online multiplayer is no where near as enjoyable as having the people sitting next to you.
It can however be less physically distracting as someone over the internet can't pull the controller out of your hands or make a loud noise that causes you to flinch. baddood;

Of course you can do that sort of stuff right back if you're vengeful. n_u

Dullahan

Having all 251 Pokemon on my Silver. Celebi was the only one I used a GameShark for. hocuspocus;

Dullahan

strongbad

Quote from: StarPilot on October 25, 2009, 08:38:21 AM
It can however be less physically distracting as someone over the internet can't pull the controller out of your hands or make a loud noise that causes you to flinch. baddood;

Of course you can do that sort of stuff right back if you're vengeful. n_u

That's half the fun of it!

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: GUOB on October 25, 2009, 08:29:12 AM
i agree, i hate being unable to play with people in the same room saddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Wrench on October 25, 2009, 07:11:38 AM
I stopped playing since I can't beat the sword.

lol which sword, Mack in the beginning of the game or Exor near the end?

[spoiler]both are really easy you suck[/spoiler]
[spoiler]but seriously if i recall Geno Whirl for some reason works on Exor even though it shouldn't and i hope you realize that the only part of the sword with health is the very tip which is called Exor lol[/spoiler]

Wrench

Quote from: Kaz on October 25, 2009, 10:29:13 AM
lol which sword, Mack in the beginning of the game or Exor near the end?

[spoiler]both are really easy you suck[/spoiler]
[spoiler]but seriously if i recall Geno Whirl for some reason works on Exor even though it shouldn't and i hope you realize that the only part of the sword with health is the very tip which is called Exor lol[/spoiler]

Exor.
[spoiler]You have to attack his one eye or whatever to open up that part. Geno Whirl never worked well for me.[/spoiler]

Geno

Quote from: Wrench on October 25, 2009, 11:21:51 AM
Exor.
[spoiler]You have to attack his one eye or whatever to open up that part. Geno Whirl never worked well for me.[/spoiler]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy2eWAOiMAI&feature=related[/youtube]

easy
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up