October 01, 2024, 08:29:35 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Money can't buy happiness...

Started by l a c e y , September 18, 2009, 09:35:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

l a c e y

My iPod makes me happy. So yeah fuck you.

Dullahan

Classic

Money is a good thing.

But I have so little. :'(

Selkie

That's not what the saying is supposed to mean. Of course money is what makes the world go 'round and would definitely help many people if they had it.

But what the phrase is saying is that the small simple things in life that money can't buy seem to always be the most valuable and memorable.

Classic

Well, I have no love life at this point...
And in order to make memories, I need money to get to memorable places.

So, yes. I'm a materialistic piggy. :'(

snorkel

I don't believe it's impossible to be happy without money but I know for myself that having money makes it significantly easier

??????

Quote from: JMV on September 19, 2009, 08:22:12 AM
you forgot making everything about you and then getting upset and invoking guilt because you upset a person n__________n
Wrong, it wasn't an attempt to invoke it purposely, because I was actually hurt. bassir;

Daddy

Quote from: Freud and His Friend:Jung on September 19, 2009, 01:04:46 PM
Wrong, it wasn't an attempt to invoke it purposely, because I was actually hurt. bassir;
Oh yeah I could totally see how hurt you are by reminding me incessantly that I'm alone and constantly asking why I'm upset just so I can say it.

Or lying sure that has nothing to do with it. hocuspocus;

Dullahan

Quote from: Bassir on September 18, 2009, 09:39:49 PM
I agree, but I think you're missing the point of the saying.

Money is indeed both the root and the solution to all problems yes, however, true happiness comes from intangible things such as love and friendship. That's the point of the saying.

Everybody knows money can make you happy, it's just that other things can make people even more happier.
I second Bassir.

Kalahari Inkantation

i think money can make you comfortable
not necessarily happy, but comfortable

Go Up