September 17, 2024, 01:38:24 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT: We make bundles of music for others

Started by ??????, September 13, 2009, 10:08:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

September 13, 2009, 10:08:49 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 12:01:28 AM by ZIDONE
I got this idea from another forum. :)

Just pick 10 songs that represent you, or to the sender you're going to send it to. (But label it if you want others to know what it is trying to represent. )

Edit: Or just put however many songs you want into a pack. And they don't have to represent you. This thread is now pretty much a "put some songs you want other people to hear for whatever reason into a pack" thread. -Kaz

Boyager Packs With Links Still Working

snorkel

http://boyah.net/music/boyah-mix.zip

set of 10 that represents my taste pretty fairly, also all songs I'd rate very highly

Samus Aran

Well I'm not really gonna go with the "10 that represent me" thing (maybe later), but I feel like passing on a folder of music that likely most of you haven't heard. Not all of it is totally indie (or rock), but most of it is or at least was. There's some good representation of Minnesota music in there, too.

almost entirely in m4a, since it's copied mostly from songs in iTunes that were ripped directly into it

it's a pretty interesting mix, there's even one hip-hop track and one song made up entirely of samples. several of the bands are well-known enough, some of them not indie at all but still under-appreciated.

happydood;

36 tracks, only one song per artist...download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VGW0QKYR

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Daddy

I can't think of anything I will keep thinking

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on September 14, 2009, 08:33:19 AM
I can't think of anything I will keep thinking

you could download my pack while you do happydood;

it even has one song you definitely won't find anywhere else because it's by a local band that doesn't even seem to have a website

Andria

Kaz I am about to listen to your pack  giggle; I see Broken Social Scene and Mew good choice

I made one as well
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/906922/hilol.rar
12 songs all different artists but 2 songs that all have some representation of me and my life

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

the shortest route to the sea

September 14, 2009, 07:25:21 PM #10 Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:32:14 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Quote from: Kaz on September 14, 2009, 08:19:17 AM
no, it's The Avalanches

I LOVE YOU

I might do this at some point, but it'd pick a bunch of songs that express the variety of what I like. Probably some Cinematic Orchestra, Future of the Left, SOAD, Arcade Fire, Antony and the Johnsons, Venetian Snares, Streetlight Manifesto, Latterman, Islands, Captain Beefheart, Sufjan Stevens....

...65daysofstatic, Against Me!, Amanda Palmer, Andrew Bird, Animal Colective, Arcade Fire, Armitage Shanks, Arnold Schoenberg, Bjork, Black Moth Super Rainbow, The Chemical Brothers, Cocorosie, Devendra Banhart, DJ Sharpnel, Forbidden Ensemble, Gang Gang Dance, Gogol Bordello, Joanna Newsom, John Coltrane, Joni Mitchell, Joy Divison, LCD Soundystem, Le Loup, NoFX, Nujabes, The Polyphonic Spree, Primus, Refused, Royksopp, Sigur Ros, Subtle, Violins, Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts...

...um, I'll figure this out later.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

snorkel

aw Etoh and Live at Dominoes are so much better than Frontier Psychiatrist  saddood;

Hiro

Ten songs? I don't think i can do that, but I'll try tomorrow

Samus Aran

Quote from: wziard on September 14, 2009, 10:40:58 PM
aw Etoh and Live at Dominoes are so much better than Frontier Psychiatrist  saddood;

i only picked Frontier Psychiatrist because it seems to be everyone's first Avalanches song, it helps people get into them

Go Up