September 17, 2024, 01:47:22 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT: We make bundles of music for others

Started by ??????, September 13, 2009, 10:08:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

October 15, 2009, 12:04:00 AM #105 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:51:07 AM by Son Of Stallion Vol.13
Ok, so here's the deal.

Narrowing 30 songs down from 12 grand is a hell of a task, and trying to avoid your favorites that everyone's heard a thousand times is an even more daunting feat, but here they are.

Dont go in here expecting anything at all.

A lot of people will look at the track listing and try to decipher where I"m going with this here, but that answer's simple.
Nowhere.

These aren't my favorite songs. Most of them aren't even the "best" songs by each artist. Some of them drone. Some of them hold no context to the one that follows it.

They're all unique listens though, and after you've sat down and heard Brian Jonestown wail right next to a popular Lata mangeshkar Bollywood piece, you'll dig.

Some people are going to have none of these tracks.
Some will have some.
Some will have all.
Maybe.

I hope you can pull at least one track out of here that'll stick in your brain for a little while.

So, randomize it up and have a listen. You'll hear muddy 60's psychedelia, a slight poke at post-punk, some pretentious indie hipster bullshit and a track about a country father pushing his daughter down a well.
Nothing too obscure. Nothing too obvious and overplayed.
Dig in and dig up.

*I'm a stone age technology shlub, so if I didn't compress this right, let me know asap.
-Also, the track names and artists should organize themselves if you pump it through itunes. Anywhere else, and that's your bit. I'll provide a full track and artist list upon request if anyone has any wonky problems. I hope not.

Now here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X1WRTFFR

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Hïro on October 14, 2009, 04:28:06 AM
>.<

Nah, nah, I didn't mean it. Your pack is diverse. The most of it IS punky, synthy rock stuff, with a few fabulous exceptions, and a lot of that is great! some of them fall short for me because there's just the dancey beat in there. Some grooves fit some people's minds better than others. Just the way it is.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Oh man oh man Boognish pack I'm excited. Shit!

I'm putting all of these on my main comp now, holy shit this'll be good. giggle;

Mando Pandango

I have 17 artists with a few artists having multiple songs.

I think I'll get to putting together and uploading this pack tonight.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 15, 2009, 04:08:19 AM
I have 17 artists with a few artists having multiple songs.

I think I'll get to putting together and uploading this pack tonight.

Please do, I'm trying to get them all together and playlisted tonight.

Oh man oh man this is exactly what I imagine musical heaven to be like.  giggle;

Mando Pandango

The only problem is that a lot of the songs follow a logical progression, but I have some Queens of the Stone Age and Primus which really don't fit with the rest at all. It kind of ruins the feel.

Ditch these songs?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 15, 2009, 04:14:10 AM
The only problem is that a lot of the songs follow a logical progression, but I have some Queens of the Stone Age and Primus which really don't fit with the rest at all. It kind of ruins the feel.

Ditch these songs?

Nah. Boognish didn't go for feel, I didn't go for feel, and everything works out.

If it feels good, do it, I guess I mean to say.

Hiro

I've downloaded them all, but only listened to Kaz's so far  >.<
Now I'm listening to Echo's now  baddood;

Quote from: Hïro on October 15, 2009, 04:21:03 AM
I've downloaded them all, but only listened to Kaz's so far  >.<
Now I'm listening to Echo's now  baddood;

Echo's is badass, I still need to do Kaz's, and tomorrow is my holy shit stay up till 4 am day.  saddood;

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 15, 2009, 04:26:01 AM
Echo's is badass, I still need to do Kaz's, and tomorrow is my holy shit stay up till 4 am day.  saddood;
@______@

[spoiler]You gonna finish mine?  akudood;[/spoiler]

Hiro

So far I quite liked the first 2 songs, already had the 3rd (Have a Cigar), and the 4th (I am Complete) is not my thing at all.

Mando Pandango

So, all of my music files are protected so I'm trying to find them online. The obscure stuff isn't coming up anywhere though.

Nate

Somebody conned me into doing this, so I'll probably have a pack up here tomorrow.

FAMY2

Go Up