October 05, 2024, 03:45:18 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Songs that you consider a "classic"?

Started by ??????, September 13, 2009, 10:06:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Uh, 3 songs from my last.fm though the last 2 are mid to high 40s.

"Don't Leave" - CunninLynguists
"Revenge" - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse
"Sudden Oak Death" - The Mountain Goats & John Vanderslice

Hiro

"All the Little Pieces" by Louis XIV. Not really a great band, but such a wonderful song.

Mando Pandango

Live - Lightning Crashes

probably one of my favorite songs of all time
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Selkie

Songs I can never tire of would have to be...

Roulette Dares - The Mars Volta
Not even my favorite TMV song but For some reason it carries such enormous emotional power for me. It was one of the first songs I heard by them, and I just remember driving home from school the beginning of my senior year in the fall, listening to this, the leaves blowing across the road in front of me. Also How the song goes from hard-hitting and intense to incredibly sincere and heartfelt by the end. It's amazing.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
One of my favorite songs ever. The lyrics, Buckley's angelic voice, the sentimental guitar playing. The whole song is just perfect to me. It almost brings tears to my eyes.

Stork & Owl - TV On the Radio
This song is so genuine I feel like they are playing it directly to me and only me. And the lyrics carry so much weight for me.

Hercules Theme - Hercules & Love Affair
Not nearly as emotional as the other 3, but the outro is just amazing. It gets me so pumped up.

Thriller - Michael Jackson
Idk, just an awesome, badass song.

YPrrrr

Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin
Quote from: Selkie on September 21, 2009, 11:02:05 AM
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

I love this song as well, although I prefer the Wainwright version because I heard it first

Selkie

Quote from: YPR on September 21, 2009, 11:31:12 AM
Cat's in the Cradle - Harry ChapinI love this song as well, although I prefer the Wainwright version because I heard it first

Yea I love the song in general, regardless of the performer, but Buckleys happens to be my favorite cause I absolutely love Buckley.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I like Leonard Cohen's version. It's the choral section in the background I think.
Cohen's voice is like a fuzzy spike through your brain.

Go Up