April 27, 2024, 11:48:00 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

whats the harm?

Started by reeper, August 30, 2009, 03:41:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on September 12, 2009, 12:28:09 AM
so you have memories of me doing stuff but you are suddenly blanking on when i do it.

that is funny kaz

it was actually supposed to be a bit humorous, so thanks

but seriously, no, i can't recall specific events, i'm just speaking from what i have observed over time...i might be accidentally exaggerating a bit of course, but it just seems to me that it happens a lot.

i don't really understand what i did wrong for pointing that out and asking that you maybe calm it down a bit. it's not really any different than asking someone to quit spamming the same post over and over again, or to quit alternating between gay and self-loathing on a postly basis (lol chat thread).

i mean, you're free to express what you want, really, it's not like i could stop you even if i wanted to

do what you want, i guess

Daddy

well i dont recall doing such unless it was merited (again serious discussion or that thread where veal's post without clarification made it seem like his girlfriend broke up with him because of god).

and that is what this entire thing has been about.  baddood;

there is nothing to calm down except the fact that 3303030 people quoted a post after veal and i resolved it so blame yourself and rdx for that

Samus Aran

well, i seem to recall seeing it more often, but whatever

Quote from: JMV on September 12, 2009, 12:37:08 AM
so blame yourself and rdx for that

okay

Daddy

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on September 12, 2009, 12:47:34 AM
you're a bad lawyer kaz

when i was like 13 i wanted to grow up to be a lawyer

somewhere down the line i discovered that i couldn't argue for shit, and that it just depressed me anyway and i always eventually gave up

so yeah i know i'm a bad lawyer

just thought i'd try to point out something that was bothering me, but it didn't work

Daddy

because you're a bad lawyer  baddood;

its ok you are good at being kaz happydood;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 08:19:38 PM
Have I ever quoted Det, Veal, or YPR in the chat thread randomly and went off about religion?

YPR: Hey guys, I was just watching the game at a party with my girlfriend
JMV: LOL I BET YOU WORSHIPPED GOD THERE YOU FAGGOT HE'S NOT REAL OMG

oh my god, i fucking lol'd.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Oh

Now will people stop saying that we're attacking their beliefs when we correct someone who brings up religion? There is no difference if you bring up religion, since you're attacking our beliefs.  akudood; Some people in this forum need to learn the scientific method again. Theories are credible when they have any form of proof, religion should not be "considered" in any type of theory since there is no evidence.

sans culottes

JMV, two questions:

1) You are able to choose if heaven exists. You can choose to live in an eternal paradise or have your existence end when you die. Which would you choose?

2) You have a son and you've raised him to be an atheist. He is nine years old, and isn't really old enough to reason as to why god is not real. He comes home from school and tells you that he wants to be a Christian. How would you feel? What would you do?
I support BUSH

Daddy

Quote from: coz on September 12, 2009, 08:26:18 AM
JMV, two questions:

1) You are able to choose if heaven exists. You can choose to live in an eternal paradise or have your existence end when you die. Which would you choose?

2) You have a son and you've raised him to be an atheist. He is nine years old, and isn't really old enough to reason as to why god is not real. He comes home from school and tells you that he wants to be a Christian. How would you feel? What would you do?
1.) State the requirements for living in that paradise.

2.) That's a silly argument because I will not make any arguments specifically confirming or denying the existence of God and would only explain that other people believe in gods and that I do not once they were old enough to understand.

however, if my kid came home saying that I would probably be forced to explain it then rather than when they were old enough to understand. I would probably then kill and devour report their teacher for preaching in the class room.

If I explained and my kid still didn't understand I would be disappointed but I'd let them go.

sans culottes

1) Let's say that it's a paradise everyone goes to. No hell or anything.

2) I was asuming the kid got it from a student or something, ah well, I get the point. You'd be dissappointed, and that's how religious parents can be. The bigoted ones would be very angry, but a lot of parents are disappointed that their children have given up Christianity.

The "shoving down throats" concept from parents is inevitible, unless the parents are crazily open-minded.

Really, though, you can't tell whether one man's beliefs are better than another. It's all in perspective. "Enlightening" the world out of religion, as some would say, isn't going to solve religious problems. It's a matter of the world learning to respect the fact that people think differently from themselves. Some people like having faiths, people have their reasons, and most of the faithful are at heart, good people. I know you've gotten shit for being an atheist. Religion has been a bitch to me, too (my mom is a bigoted fascist). But I feel that as long as the atheist is a friend to the Christian and Muslim, the Christian and Muslim will remember that god wants them to love everyone, and it will come  back.

And anyways, America will probably be like half atheist in thirty years.
I support BUSH

Daddy

Quote from: coz on September 12, 2009, 10:34:51 AM
1) Let's say that it's a paradise everyone goes to. No hell or anything.
Sure then

Quote2) I was asuming the kid got it from a student or something, ah well, I get the point. You'd be dissappointed, and that's how religious parents can be. The bigoted ones would be very angry, but a lot of parents are disappointed that their children have given up Christianity.
The disappointment would come from their lack of understanding and not religion.  I also wouldn't go out like a religious parent and tell the kid "omg i am disappointed but i still uv you" that's still inflicting guilt.

And anyways, America will probably be like half atheist in thirty years.
ew I'll be like 50 then

guff

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2009, 11:18:26 AM
I'm not reading any of that long stuff, but let me just say this:
Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2009, 11:59:38 PM
It's just a dire need to be correct.

Quote from: Son Of Stallion Vol.13 on September 11, 2009, 11:48:32 AM
I have yet to see someone seriously trying to defend without "oh you're a fucking idiot, here's why" thrown right back in their face.

Quote from: RDX on September 11, 2009, 07:04:17 PM
Honestly though I think Kaz is being too soft about what he's trying to say. What he really means if that you need to shut the fuck up and we're all getting sick of your militant atheist attitude.
oh my god you're all idiots  akudood;

you ask questions and then complain when you get answers, get involved in debates and then declare that continuing them is pointless, and this is all from at least four or five different users at the same fucking time
i mean seriously what the fuck this is the serious discussion board you fucking retarded fucking goddamn shitting fucking retards
sure i think jmv is often too hostile, but goddamn you're all just playing the victim after showing up to a duel with a fucking duck that's right you didn't even bring a gun you brought a duck because you're fucking retarded  akudood;

akudood;

psychopickle

guff

Quote from: psychopickle on September 13, 2009, 12:15:36 AM
maybe the duck has fangs
i doubt a duck, fanged or otherwise, could outrun a bullet at twenty paces

Go Up