August 20, 2024, 02:43:11 PM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oasis

Started by Daddy, August 29, 2009, 11:38:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

famy

he's just being a baby he'll go back |:

Daddy

Quote from: whiny bitch on August 29, 2009, 11:45:15 AM
he's just being a baby he'll go back |:
You'll never change what's been and gone |:

Samus Aran

Noel has historically been a pretentious, whiny little bitch, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the band.

Either way, even if they quit, I won't be whining. I might love Oasis, but I'll be the first to admit that ever since their third album they've been progressively going downhill. The good Oasis died after Be Here Now anyway.

snorkel

That would be fine with me, I don't like their recent albums much.

Wrench

Oh well. The new stuff isn't that great anyways. I guarantee they will be back though.

sans culottes

And they better stay no more!

Morning Glory is one of my favorite albums. But really, I'm tired of Oasis's shit. The Gallagher brothers are pretty pitiful, and the world would've been a better place if they had split ten years ago. I'm a little surprised, though. They're still really, really popular in Britain and have been very successful more than a decade after their prime. I expected Oasis to exist until they died or got old.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on August 30, 2009, 11:14:41 PM
Morning Glory is one of my favorite albums.

Definitely Maybe better be one of your favorites then too, they're on par with each other if you ask me. baddood;

sans culottes

August 30, 2009, 11:31:18 PM #8 Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:40:40 PM by coz
Quote from: Kaz on August 30, 2009, 11:22:14 PM
Definitely Maybe better be one of your favorites then too, they're on par with each other if you ask me. baddood;
Good album, but fuck no, there's quite a gap between the two.

Also, I've changed my thought on how long they could last. They're consistently popular enough to be like the Rolling Stones and play 'til they die, but Oasis is two brothers who hate the living shit out of eachother... like the Kinks. The Davies brothers have spent many years apart and have grown old. Right now, both of them wish they could've stopped bitching at eachother, because without their immature fighting, they would've had much more success in the modern world of music.

That's the Gallaghers in fifteen years. Were they not assclowns, they would've never even considered splitting. The difference here is that while Ray Davies and Dave Davies are a team, Oasis is built all around Noel Gallagher. Noel writes everything, has plenty of musical talent, and even his voice is really good. Noel doesn't need Liam, but Liam is nothing without his brother. The only reason they'd ever get together again is because the name "Oasis" sells more records than "Noel Gallagher".

(Sometimes I make a post intending to write two sentences and write two paragraphs instead. In some discussions, that is a good thing. But this is a thread about Oasis. I just wrote two paragraphs about Oasis. I am ashamed.)
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: coz on August 30, 2009, 11:31:18 PM
Good album, but fuck no, there's quite a gap between the two.

I dunno, I have a hard time deciding which I like more. But that's just me.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: Kaz on August 29, 2009, 01:29:28 PM
Noel has historically been a pretentious, whiny little bitch, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the band.

Either way, even if they quit, I won't be whining. I might love Oasis, but I'll be the first to admit that ever since their third album they've been progressively going downhill. The good Oasis died after Be Here Now anyway.

They went straight downhill after Morning Glory. Be Here Now was boring and way too long.

Of course all of their albums have had a few great songs.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Speaker Of Words on September 02, 2009, 10:11:33 PM
They went straight downhill after Morning Glory. Be Here Now was boring and way too long.

Of course all of their albums have had a few great songs.

Well yeah it went downhill after Morning Glory, but what I was trying to get at is that even if it's not fantastic, Be Here Now is good. Really their last "good" album.

Wrench

Quote from: Kaz on September 02, 2009, 10:32:30 PM
Well yeah it went downhill after Morning Glory, but what I was trying to get at is that even if it's not fantastic, Be Here Now is good. Really their last "good" album.

All I listened to today was those 3 albums. It made me sad. :(

Go Up