September 19, 2024, 10:28:28 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Free Guitar Hero: Van Halen!

Started by Geno, August 11, 2009, 12:51:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on August 12, 2009, 03:50:53 PM
GH:WT didn't have that great of a setlist.
The only good songs were Beat it, Crazy Train, and the Tool songs

Lol no. Expand your tastes.

There were several good songs in the game, it's just that they weren't presented very well in terms of difficulty or just plain fun. Not to mention the game looking hideous kinda makes everything feel worse. There are a couple songs I still play every time I put the game in though, particularly The Stone Roses' "Love Spreads" and The Answer's "Never Too Late."

By the way, just realized Sultans of Swing is in GH5. Cool.

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on August 13, 2009, 12:53:41 AM
Lol no. Expand your tastes.

There were several good songs in the game, it's just that they weren't presented very well in terms of difficulty or just plain fun. Not to mention the game looking hideous kinda makes everything feel worse. There are a couple songs I still play every time I put the game in though, particularly The Stone Roses' "Love Spreads" and The Answer's "Never Too Late."

By the way, just realized Sultans of Swing is in GH5. Cool.
No the songs weren't as good as the previous guitar hero games
And I forgot a few other good songs that were in there like hotel california
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on August 13, 2009, 12:55:26 AM
No the songs weren't as good as the previous guitar hero games
And I forgot a few other good songs that were in there like hotel california

Well that's understandable, yeah, especially since I loved nearly the entire normal setlist for GHIII, save for most of the first set and a couple isolated stinkers here and there. I suppose that, by the time they got to WT, they were just running out of songs that are a good balance of difficulty and fun all at once, so they ended up having to use obligatory "radio classics" that are fun to listen to but not so much to play, like "Hotel California," "Go Your Own Way," etc.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Geno on August 11, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Because Guitar Hero is more challenging? Seriously Rock Band doesn't challenge me at all anymore.
Plus the only reason I play Rock Band is for the DLC

Guitar Hero's charting isn't challenging its just retarded. Rock Band 2's difficultly curve is also way harder than its predacessor. Seriously, what the fuck Pain Killer.

Geno

Quote from: C Mongler on August 14, 2009, 12:20:56 PM
Guitar Hero's charting isn't challenging its just retarded. Rock Band 2's difficultly curve is also way harder than its predacessor. Seriously, what the fuck Pain Killer.
Pain Killer wasn't that hard.
The only song that was in any way difficult was that one Death Metal song they had on there. I forgot the name. It had no beat or anything it was all just random notes flying around.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up