June 27, 2024, 02:03:56 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Going to see District 9

Started by snorkel, August 13, 2009, 07:19:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

August 13, 2009, 07:19:15 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:03:55 AM by reefer
Thursday is boring, so I'm going to go see District 9's midnight release in a couple hours. It looks pretty fucking good and I've seen a few very positive reviews of screenings, so I'm expecting to be impressed.

Anyone else going to see it?

Thyme

snorkel

Just got back, it was excellent. Solid 8/10, entertaining throughout, great story, amazing CG. Can't wait to see the director's future work.

C.Mongler

I too saw it last night. I thought it was sweet.

Veal

Oops didn't see this.

Yeah I loved it.

Zach

Just got back; It took a little while to really get going, but by about halfway through it was amazing.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Saw then aliens and the documentary style and thought, blegh.

Instead, it was terribly well done. Decent enough concept and didn't feel (melty) cheesy in the slightest.

Dullahan

Saw it today. Thought it was pretty good.

I liked the idea that there kinda were two antagonists.

Chōshū

I thought it was pretty good.

But honestly I was disappointed in the fact that nobody seemed to care about the scientific exploits of the aliens.

I mean, everyone in the movie was just like "lol silly dumb prawns" but if they're a species that's mastered intergalactic travel, something that's deemed near impossible by the laws of relativity and such, I'd think that the humans would be more than happy to learn from them instead of throwing them in slums.

But I guess I'm looking at the optimistic side of the situation.  Humans are...quite evil by nature I suppose and a situation like one presented in the movie  isn't all that far-fetched I suppose.

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Go Up