September 12, 2024, 05:42:04 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

October 13th

Started by Hiro, August 13, 2009, 04:52:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Both The Flaming Lips' double-album Embryonic and Wolfmother's 2nd album Cosmic Egg are being released that day.
Oh and Brutal Legend too. Guess that's going to be a good day for rock. thumbup;

Skylark

Also, that is my brother's 14th birthday. What a day!
the book of right on

Hiro

August 13, 2009, 05:11:26 PM #2 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:31:56 PM by Hïro
Quote from: Skylark on August 13, 2009, 05:06:39 PM
Also, that is my brother's 14th birthday. What a day!
Woah, indeed!  doodella;

Here's a new song from Embryonic:
http://pitchfork.com/news/36217-hear-the-crazy-new-flaming-lips-song-see-the-leaves/
I think it's pretty good.

sans culottes

That would also be my third anniversary of me joining WoW if I didn't quit a month ago (I remember stupid dates like this).

I haven't gotten into the Flaming Lips (I probably should look into them), but I do like Wolfmother. I'm just not sure if it'll be good. Back Round wasn't really too interesting, and it's kind of a downer that Wolfmother's awesome rhythm sectioin split. Cosmic Egg better be good, took 'em four years to get it done.
I support BUSH

Hiro

August 13, 2009, 05:38:13 PM #4 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:10:17 PM by Hïro
Quote from: coz on August 13, 2009, 05:35:19 PM
That would also be my third anniversary of me joining WoW if I didn't quit a month ago (I remember stupid dates like this).

I haven't gotten into the Flaming Lips (I probably should look into them), but I do like Wolfmother. I'm just not sure if it'll be good. Back Round wasn't really too interesting, and it's kind of a downer that Wolfmother's awesome rhythm sectioin split. Cosmic Egg better be good, took 'em four years to get it done.
I actually have high hopes for it. Back Round was alright, but I agree that it wasn't amazing. Still, I do think they have in in them to make something good. Then again, 2nd albums are often huge disappointments.

For the Flaming Lips, you could probably start anywhere, but I personally like Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots the best. Most of them are very good though.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on August 13, 2009, 05:38:13 PM
All of them are very good though.

Oh My Gawd!! is not good.

Hiro

Go Up