September 12, 2024, 02:47:13 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I FUCKING SPY!

Started by CruelPleasure, June 18, 2009, 08:25:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CruelPleasure

Well I'm sure none of you have heard of I-Spy...
QuoteI Spy was a Canadian hardcore punk band, founded in Regina, Saskatchewan in 1991, relocated to Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1994, and disbanded in 1996. Over the course of its short existence, the band released several small-run vinyl record releases and toured throughout Canada, the United States and Europe.

[edit] History

Originally called Clump (or maybe Klump), the band was composed of Todd Kowalski, aka "Todd the Rod" (vocals, guitar), "Rary" (guitar), Dave, aka "Guido" and "Rearo" (bass), and James Ash, aka "Jimmy Juice Pig" (drums, vocals). Notable for blend of childish humour and serious, radical left wing political subject matter, the band gained a fair-sized following in the Canadian punk scene, forming a sibling-like relationship with fellow Manitoba band Propagandhi (Kowalski would go on to play bass and sing in Propagandhi after the departure of Propagandhi's John K. Samson, who left to form The Weakerthans).

Rary left the band in 1995, reducing I Spy to a three-piece in their latter days. The final lineup found bassist Sean Talarico replacing Rearo, who'd moved back to Regina. G7 Welcoming Committee Records, co-run by Chris Hannah and Jord Samolesky of Propagandhi, has released the band's complete discography on a single CD, entitled Perversity Is Spreading... It's About Time! This compilation includes, along with all proper studio versions, unreleased or obscure tracks and cover versions of songs by Diana Ross and Youth Of Today.

How do I know about them? My uncle was the drummer. :D I know all the band members well. Also know Todd so I've met Propagandhi and get into they're shows free. :)

This probably they're most notorious album cover.

If you are interested in hearing them. Here it is!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIF2efaaX0Y&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

Go Up