October 20, 2024, 04:26:47 PM

1,531,336 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

F'yeah, downtown NY!

Started by sans culottes, June 17, 2009, 09:20:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Today, I went to Bleecker Street in downtown Manhattan. I walked the whole street and loved it.

Took some photos, and this is one of them. It's from the inside of what was CBGB. Now it's a clothing/music store, but the walls and many other remnants of the club are still intact. The cool thing about the store was that instead of playing music over speakers or something like the average store, there was a live band jamming in the middle of the store.

I went to Bleecker Street Records and bought Yes's Fragile for five bucks and George Harrison's All Things Must Pass for seven (both on vinyl, of course). With that, I also got a 1969 Rolling Stones concert poster for ten.

So. Yeah. I don't even know why people bother with Times Square and Midtown. Downtown NY is tha shit.
I support BUSH

Claquesous

I'd like to go to New York, or any big city really, because it'd be fun to just walk around looking at all the stuff there is to see, like hole in the wall shops. Then I think about how I never traverse the streets of my town and realize that there might be some really cool places right here but I don't look.

I agree about the Time Square thing. I really don't care for the big stuff. Statue of Liberty? Who cares? I think the small stuff is much more interesting. More intimate I guess.

Go Up