May 19, 2024, 05:16:37 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on September 26, 2016, 07:32:56 PM
Seeing Flaming Lips for the first time in a month at the state fair so that's gonna be awesome nyandood;
So do we want to just get okay spots with a general admission ticket, or do we want to get good floor seats? They're $20 each, if we do that one of us should buy them all and we can pay that person back, that way we all sit together.

Samus Aran

the Joyce Manor show tonight was incredible

Samus Aran

yep, crying and the hotelier.

i like that they've kinda kept changing. the debut album is still my favorite, but i also absolutely love never hungover again. cody and of all things are both really solid too.

Samus Aran

Brand New tonight was amazing. Front Bottoms set was good too. don't care too much about Modern Baseball but they were all right.

Samus Aran

anyway seeing Beach Slang on Friday. acoustic set. should be neat.

Samus Aran

nice! just an fyi, on this tour they're playing all of Devil and God. at my show they played their new single first, then four songs from Deja Entendu, then the rest of the set was the entirety of Devil and God

not a single song from Daisy :(

Samus Aran

Daisy is my favorite BN album

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on October 24, 2016, 11:52:55 PM
Ya know, a good friend of mine suspected that if I ever really got into Brand New, I would share this opinion.

I still haven't done it yet tho so idk
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: steal on October 25, 2016, 02:34:44 PM
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on October 25, 2016, 12:06:04 AM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on October 24, 2016, 11:52:55 PM
Ya know, a good friend of mine suspected that if I ever really got into Brand New, I would share this opinion.

I still haven't done it yet tho so idk
imo the devil and god is probably the best starting point of reference for the band, and if you're more into emo/pop punk than to look backwards in their catalog (chronologically), and if you like the weirder stuff then to check out daisy. basically if u're into 'real music' than daisy/TDAGARIM is the way to go and if u like fun music then YFW and deja are the way to go.

imo daisy is trying too hard to be weird and deep and the older stuff to me comes off as more genuine and is more enjoyable/relatable to me. TDAGARIM is a good middle ground between fun and 'real music'
i mean, i've heard enough of their stuff and know enough about the band to know what the ~consensus~ is. I'll give their albums a spin one day.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

AAAAAAAA

Fishbone next week, hope I don't get crowdsurfed to death.

Mando Pandango

The Orwells on Friday. It'll be my third time seeing them. They put on great shows.

The Dillinger Escape Plan on the 16th. Last time I saw them I couldn't meet them, and it'll probably be even harder at this venue. I just want to be like "hi i put your songs in rock band thanks for the opportunity you guys rule"

Hiro

Saw the Flaming Lips almost a month ago but damn it was wonderful

Daddy

i saw atmosphere 2day

Mando Pandango

Went to Dillinger last night and my back still hurts it was great.

Also, everyone should listen to Bent Knee because holy shit

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on November 17, 2016, 10:48:52 PM
i saw atmosphere 2day

you're not even minnesotan you don't have an obligation to listen to them

[spoiler]nah they're ok i kid[/spoiler]

anyway FIDLAR TOMORROW

Go Up