September 19, 2024, 02:12:28 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm tempted to get a DSi. Convince me.

Started by strongbad, May 25, 2009, 06:43:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

After about a month of work, I have a somewhat larger sum of money than I expected. I have been considering purchasing a DSi with it. I'm really into the DS scene, because I'm a filthy pirate and everything, so I play my DS a ton. So far, the cosmetics of the DSi seem like the biggest reason to purchase one. The D-Pad looks much better, the bigger screens look awesome, and the new mattee finish is awesome. Of course, this alone isn't enough to warrant a $170 purchase (I'm not trading in my DSL), so I'm wondering if there are any amazing features that I'm missing.

Keep in mind that I already have a flashcart which i can watch music and view videos on, so the multimedia features don't appeal to me.

Are there any good DSi games that are out/coming out?
also does anybody other than classic have one?

C.Mongler

You'll have to buy a new flashcart. Have fun being convinced  giggle;

Classic

ME##

Quote from: C Mongler on May 25, 2009, 06:47:31 PM

If he isn't trading in his DS Lite, I don't see why he'd need a flashcart for both. befuddlement

And, well I'd like one.  But that's probably because I don't have my own DS, and maybe once there's more games specifically for the DSi it'll be worth it to upgrade.  hocuspocus;

Cookie

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on May 25, 2009, 06:47:31 PM

I'm planning on getting the CycloDSi when it gets released.

Classic

Well, you could keep your DSlite.
But the DSi has some neat games in the DSiWare channel.

YPrrrr

Sounds like a waste of cash you'll wish you had back

Geno

Quote from: YPR on May 25, 2009, 07:37:25 PM
Sounds like a waste of cash you'll wish you had back
This
Don't give into Nintendo's milking of casual gamers  madood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

But Dragon Quest Wars on DSiWare looks so cool

Hiro

C.Mongler

Quote from: Canard Diapason Funambule on May 25, 2009, 07:16:10 PM
If he isn't trading in his DS Lite, I don't see why he'd need a flashcart for both. befuddlement

And, well I'd like one.  But that's probably because I don't have my own DS, and maybe once there's more games specifically for the DSi it'll be worth it to upgrade.  hocuspocus;

Because his flashcart won't work on his DSi, and if he wants to play any games he's going to have to carry around two handhelds with him.

strongbad

Well I would pay $20 to get a DSi compatible flashcart.

Commander Fuckass

I'm very tempted in getting a DSi  n_u

Now...does it come with the SD card or not?
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Quote from: Kewn Hunter on May 29, 2009, 12:14:59 PM
I'm very tempted in getting a DSi  n_u

Now...does it come with the SD card or not?

No, but you should have your own SD card by now...

Go Up