June 15, 2024, 09:20:17 PM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Girl Talk

Started by YPrrrr, May 22, 2009, 06:34:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Veal

If by they, you mean him, you're wrong. I've heard from everyone who's ever seen him live that it's one of the best concerts they've ever been to.

He does add some new stuff.

And it's not sampling when you're doing mashups. That's what the mashup genre IS. There's nothing wrong with it, it's like the ultimate remix. Not only that but it's like free advertisement for hundreds of bands.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on May 26, 2009, 12:42:17 PM
I'll agree with his respectful disagreement except I dont know if I agree on the respectful part.

Sampling is one thing.
Excessive sampling is another.
Sampling without adding anything new is something different altogether.

Plus I imagine their concerts (if they tour) would suck.

Blegh.

His concerts are fucking beast. He presses play on his Macbook and it turns into a giant drug induced dance orgy.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Veal on May 26, 2009, 01:13:24 PM
If by they, you mean him, you're wrong. I've heard from everyone who's ever seen him live that it's one of the best concerts they've ever been to.

He does add some new stuff.

And it's not sampling when you're doing mashups. That's what the mashup genre IS. There's nothing wrong with it, it's like the ultimate remix. Not only that but it's like free advertisement for hundreds of bands.
It's not really advertising when they're already more well known than the mash-up artist. They're just profiting off others' work

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: C Mongler on May 27, 2009, 08:20:14 PM
His concerts are fucking beast. He presses play on his Macbook and it turns into a giant drug induced dance orgy.

Are there glowsticks?

Mashcore is considered a genre?

Bah and bah again.

Bah thrice for good(er) measure.

Veal

I bite my thumb at you.

Go Up